New Baby #4

I awoke, feeling wet. It was May 15th, but only just, seeing as the time was 1:00 AM. I shivered, then put the puzzle together. My water had just broken. MY WATER HAD JUST BROKEN?!?!? I jumped out of bed but felt sick. Percy woke up the second my feet hit the floor. As I changed, I heard Sally's footsteps in the hall, and her voice nad Percy's. By the time I was ready, Percy was in the car and ready to go. 

Even though I knew I needed to get to the hospital fast, I cringed at every bump and ditc in the road. Percy drove fast, even though he knew I was in pain. 

We got to the hospital at 1:30. Two nurses greeted us. The one named Kate showed me to my room. Percy was on the phone with Jason urgently. Today would be EXTEMELY tense. 

"Here's your room Mrs. Jackson. Oh, and your doctor, Dr. Julia Shirley will be here in a few minutes. Is there anything you need?" Truly, I would've died for some coffee and chocolate, but I kept to myself. 

"No thanks," I answered politely. Kate left the room and I settled into the bed. About two hours later, I went into labor.

______________________________________

"Annabeth?" a voice said. It sounded urgent.

"Is she okay?" the same voice asked.

"It's perfectly normal, Mr. Jackson. You've been through this before. Surely this has happened every time..."

"No, I don't remember her doing this."

"Well, she's fine, and it's normal." Then pain struck me very hard, in both the head and the stomach. I let out and screech and opened my eyes, to see Percy holding my hand. He looked like a wreck. Exausted as well. 

"Annabeth, is there anything you need?" He asked urently. A nurse, whom I thought was Kate, had a cloth on my forehead.

"I'm fine, sweetie. Don't worry." A smile escaped Percy's lips.

"Good."

__________________________________

"C'mon, Annabeth, just one more and you'll be done..." Dr. Shirley urged. Percy held my hand and shivered. I noticed he had broken a sweat. I pushed hard and screamed at the agonizing pain. 

"Oh my god... Kate! Kate come quick!"

"What? What's the matter?" Kate answered. Percy stood and rushed over.

"Annabeth, your child is breach! He or she will die if we do this normally. We've only got a few minutes."

"What can we do?!" I asked frantically. I was shocked. What was going to happen? Was this the solution to my dream? The baby dying?

"We're going to have to have you have a cesarean section."

"What the heck does that mean?" Percy shouted. The room turned to chaos. Nurses and doctors rushing in, anestisia rushing into me, amd more chaos. I began to shake. 

"Shh, Annabeth. The baby and you will make it. You aren't paying the price." Percy tried to soothe, but it was no use. Soon the doctor was doing the C-section.

_________________________________________

"Annabeth? Can you hear me? Are you alright? The babies were fine!"

"Yes, Percy, I'm fine... Wait, did you just say-"

"Babies? Yeah, we have two sets of twins now. A boy and a girl. How are you feeling?"

I noticed we were alone in the room.

"That was the scariest thing ever."

"I know. My mom and Paul and the kids are going to visit. Thalia and Jason and Piper and their kids are coming tomorrow. Hazel and Frank and Alexa and Chase might come up on the weekend. Thalia asked me if she could stay to help you, and how could I refuse? I figured we'd need all the help we can get." I smiled at him. Percy kissed my forehead lightly.