24--CONFUSION

SOOJIN'S POV

I had gotten a day's time to rest. Not quite sure why I require rest , but okay?

Before getting ready for work , I went to Chan's room. I get the fact that he said he will tell me about his 'talk' tomorrow 4:00 a.m. , but I guess it's the case of 'curiousity killed the cat' with me...

I knocked on his door and waited. In a second , he shouted come in from inside.
I opened the door and entered. Chan was standing in front of the mirror , fixing his necktie.

"Whoa... I thought you didn't have work today.."
I said , shocked.

"Who said?"
Chan asked as he looked at me through the mirror itself.

" Ahem....no one.... Anyways , I was here to ask you something...."
I said.

"Say?"
Chan said as he turned around and walked towards me.

"So..... I just wanted to know what you want to tell me ..tomorrow 4:00am?"
I asked.

"It's better if I tell it to you at that time.."
Chan spoke.

"Why do you think that?"
I asked , confused.

"I don't want you to overthink about it throughout the day and become unproductive. It's better if I tell it to you tomorrow."
Chan said.

"Okay.....but does it really have to be 4:00am?"
I asked , because I wasn't satisfied with the fact that I will be waking up so early in the morning tomorrow just for some talk.

"Yes... Because I will test you after telling you the thing. Now , ask no more questions, you'll be late to work."
Chan replied as he slid his blazer on .

"O-okay.."
I said as I turned around to leave.

I came out of his room and thought to myself , what does he even mean he will test me ? What was going on behind my back?

I tried to brush it off and started getting ready for work .

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I was sitting in front of my computer screen. Looking at the document blankly, Chan's words were still having a marathon in my head.

Talk.......time.......overthink.......test.......

What was really going on?...

I continued to stare blankly on the screen and kept on thinking about Chan's words , when suddenly , someone tapped on my shoulder. I jerked a little as I was brought back to the real world. I turned my chair around to look who it was . It was Sejeong.

"Why? Looks like you're daydreaming while staring at the same document for the past 10 minutes. Is everything alright?"
She asked jokingly.

" I don't know...."
I asked , confused.

"You-....you don't know?"
She asked , unbelievably.

"I really don't..."
I said seriously.

"Something has really hit you..... Is it about Mr. Bangchan?"
She asked , because she knew I would normally space out because of him.

"Yep... He says he will tell me something tomorrow at 4:00am , and won't even budge when I tried asking him today..."
I explained in short.

"Damnnnn 4 in the morning? That's so weird."
She said.

"I know right? I am just hoping that it isn't too serious...."
I said.

"I wish you all the best .....then...."
She said.

"Thanks ...."
I said with a sigh and started working on the document again.

And just like that , I worked for a few more hours and then returned home.
Chan was already home for some good reason I guess.

"Good evening."
I said as I entered.

"Good evening."
He replied back.

I am starting to get used to how Chan would reply to each and everything I say. If I say bye , he also says bye , if I greet him , he greets back , I am starting to think that he is changing for good.
And I am completely glad that it's happening because a grumpy person does need to get a character development at some point. I hope you agree on this with me.

Asking him about the talk would've been worthless , so I didn't mind asking about it. We both had dinner and some spare time that we spent in the living room , by being on our own phones. What do you expect ??

After a while , I started feeling sleepy . I got up from the couch and told Chan
"Hey I am going to bed."

"Remember , you have to wake up at 4 tomorrow."
He said , reminding me.

"Yea I will. Good night."
I said .

"Good night."
Said he.

I walked towards my bedroom and went in.
I did my night routine and directly went to sleep. Oh right , I also put the alarm for tomorrow. Wonder what it is all about ...

THIS TOOK ME QUITE A WHILE. I'VE BEEN SUPER BUSY WITH SCHOOL ....
BUT HERE'S A CHAPTER. A SHORT ONE PERHAPS. I WILL PROBABLY WRITE LONGER CHAPTERS DURING MY SUMMER VACATIONS SO PLEASE WAIT FOR ME...

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️