06

ꨄ︎K Y R Aꨄ︎

ꨄ︎K Y R Aꨄ︎

“COme on, is this the way you want to greet the old grinchy now? If it's about the house I think you did a great job,” Brad smiled.

“Thank you, but nothing happened, maybe he got a phone call or something,” I beam back, dropping the final touch of the meal on the table as Brad makes his way towards it.

I noticed a lot of changes in my brother, he was a bit taller and muscular — job's from the gym and he seemed to have changed his hair cut into something lower but admittedly attractive, his accent now had adjusted a bit to his environment.

I sit down and dish out one serving for myself, Brad tries to do the same but I give him a death stare, motioning him to go wash his hands.

“God,you haven't changed,”he groans, dragging his legs to the kitchen.

“Still don't want to talk about it?” He asks.

“Nothing happened,” I repeat.

As much as I wanted that lunatic’s dirty butt kicked, it shouldn't be today, maybe he hadn't heard or seen what my brother has done to people who dared to raise their voice at me, trees still needed him to exchange carbon dioxide so maybe his exit could be saved for another day. I'll pardon him for ignorance.

I shouldn't have done it, though I was raised to be kind to those who don't deserve it. I think he was a limit. His temperature was burning hot, his arm was bleeding profusely. What did he want me to do? Let him die in my brother's apartment with me in it?

I sighed again in realisation that I was still me and the universe had this habit of throwing obstacles at any phase in my life. At least he's gone now, I can finally breathe. But did I cross the line by throwing them without telling him first? I didn't know alcoholics were that defensive but even if they weren't, was that the right thing to do?

Why was I overthinking this?!

“This is lovely, I knew you'd come along with your fine touch,” Brad grins, taking as much as he wants and devouring it wholeheartedly.

“So, that's why you chose to leave it like this —”

“No, no. I'm a busy man plus cleaning’s just boring,” he protests, adding more ketchup to his meal.

“Where do you work?”

“I’m a truck driver and bartender at day, jazz musician at night we got this cool gig tonight —”

“Tonight? So, you're leaving?”

That's the only thing that bothered me obviously, though he dropped out of med. my mom was still proud that he could at least place a roof over his head. You can't force a dog to bark.

“Umm...yes but don't worry, Castiel coming back and don't extra worry cause he won't be  —”

“Castiel?”

“Yes, my roommate...the guy you met earlier,”

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!” I frantically yell, standing up.

Brad is taken aback by my action, “What is it?” he asks, with food stuffed in his mouth.

“Him? That Russian douche?!”

“Not fully Russian, his mom is Mexican but I knew something happened, so you hate him?”

Hate’s a strong word.

“I’m not comfortable with him, you never said anything about this,”

He exits his chair and wipes his mouth before approaching me and placing his hands on my cheeks, “That was only because he came two days ago,he had some issues so he's staying here but only for two weeks. He'll be gone soon,I promise,”

“I—”

“You’ll have the bedroom to yourself, I’ll sleep in the living room,”

“But—”

“Since he obviously doesn't like you, I think you're pretty safe, okay?”

I sigh.

“Okay,”

Okay to the moment I get paid, I'm out of here!

“Man, how much do you hate that guy? You never use any abusive words on anyone, he should be honoured,” Brad jests, pulling out from me and heading to the bedroom.

I quickly analyse my language use, he's turning me into something else this guy had ended my clean streak!

My brother pulls his shirt off to reveal the shades of ink on both his sleeves. Not him either.
My mom wanted him to remove the tattoo he got on his back the last time he visited. “A ticket to cancer,” in her words but Brad was born to be the one to rebel.

I didn't come here to ‘mom’ him, since he was leaving I'll have a discussion about his alcohol intake later on and save this tattoo argument for mom.

I finish cleaning the table and pull out my laptop while Brad is still in the shower then I return back to the living room to FaceTime mom.

              ⊰☆⊱┈──╌☆╌──┈⊰☆⊱
ᥫ᭡C A S T I E Lᥫ

I should've taped her bloody mouth.

I should've thrown her away when she tried to seduce me with her treatment.

Pass me a better trash bag, she said. Such a big dirty mouth, who does she think she is? The better trash bag? God, she's so annoying, her voice, her small full stupid lips, her crazy unattractive smirk and her ugly angry face.

I thought I had escaped from her but her stupid voice keeps ringing my head, I just threw a freshly bought pack of stogies because of her now here I was, boring off on a park bench, cursing aloud at the slightest remembrance of her and having to watch the stares of random people.

A f•cking couple ended their date because of me for f•ck’s sake and it's all that little bumblebee’s fault.

I'm going to die if anyone gives me that stare of ‘are you okay up there?’ again. Despite the large risk, I grab my helmet and approach my motorcycle, hop in and sped the vehicle all the way to another club.

When I arrive, I find my way to  the bar immediately and order a glass of beer.

“Hey,” a high-pitched voice greets me and I give my attention to a full busted pink-haired bimbo dressed in lingerie.

I grab my beer and gulp down the contents with my eyes still on her as she runs a finger down my chest.

Minutes later and I'm with her in the restroom locking my lips with her, kissing her with all the anger and rage in every fibre of my being but still, no satisfaction. I rip her clothes off and scan her body, still nothing exciting.

I frown and prepare to take my leave but she pulls me closer and slams her nak•d body on me, hopping on me and wrapping her legs round my waist, ferociously returning my kiss.

A large foot bursts the door open and she quickly withdraws from me in fear.

F•ck, not again.