Chapter 9 : Unspoken Adoration

.

Pankhuri's pov

This is so much fun. This year's mela is my favourite. Me and deepa first roamed in the southern side of the Mela and then decided to go to the center. The maidan where we can literally enjoy all the rides and buy accessories.

We were on the way towards the main maidan.

It was getting windy suddenly.

The brightly shining sun disappeared between the clouds.

I frowned and look upwards.

"Maybe it'll rain" i whispered and smiled.

And it did. Rain was not too much just light showers. People started to take shelters under the shops. Few running here and there.

These people na they don't even know how to have fun. Running from the rain , ughhhh.

" Koi pagal hi hoga jo barish se bhage ga" i chuckled and sided the people.

If they can't enjoy it then let me. I spread my arms around. Enjoying the pittar pattar drops of rain on my palms.

This is soothing. Relieving the whole body.

I slowly started to step towards the maidan. The crowd wasn't letting me enjoy it.

The drops touching my face felt so fresh. You can hate anything but rain never. They say rain was the beginning of everything. Rain provides life to living beings. It soothes every person no matter if they are good or bad.The air was heavy with the earthy scent of wet soil, and the sound of raindrops tapping on the roofs of the shop.

The water droplets touched every inch of mine.

"Pankhuri" deepa called me from behind.

I turned.

"If you get wet , you'll catch cold. Come let's stay under the roof." she said while dragging me from there.

"Pankhuri" I heard a small whisper. I halted on my steps. For the first time in my life my heart started accelerating.

An unknown voice took my name again. A shiver ran across my body.

My name was never taken with such pleasure. The way that unknown voice took my name I felt worshipped.

Again. Deepa kept saying something but her voice never reached my ears. The unknown voice kept ringing.

I turned back again to search for that unknown voice.

I found no one but a manly figure.

Due to drizzle i couldn't complete get a sight of him. But the eyes reminded me of something familiar. I caught admiration in his eyes.

He took my name again. But this time i could only hear longingness , desperation , craving , yearning and nothing else. I couldn't decipher for whom ?

I focused on his eyes. They were holding admiration and desire.

Before i could solve the puzzle of his eye someone came and covered him with an umbrella.

I could no longer see his face. I felt deepa dragging me and the same goes with that unknown man.

He was dragged by another person.

The unknown man didn't turned and was walking backwards while facing me.

Both of us dragged on our sides. The distance between us getting longer.