Chapter 5 : I lost her

Pankhuri's pov

Good......very good...
I'm getting scolded by baba and Neil bhaiyaa the next morning. Bhabi complained about me going to help the ashram kids at night.
I was just helping. And helping others is what baba taught me.

"Why are you making a poker face now ??”baba asked.

"I'm not.... you're the only one who said that helping others is really important and we should do it always” i replied angrily.
He hit me on my head and said-"I did.....but not at midnight and that too alone....what if anything had happened to you beta ??? I wouldn't be able to forgive myself”.

"Ok.... I'm sorry baba.... I won't leave the house at midnight from now on. Happy ?”

"No... promise me” baba demanded.

"Acha....acha ok baba..”

Bhairab ......bhairab ...... bhairab
Tiwari chacha came running and breathing heavily inside the house.
He was looking shocked and scared. What happened ?

Baba made him sit and gave him some water.

"What happened ? ....why did you came running all the way to the house ?”......baba asked

"Push...pushp ...pushpak saheb has been murdered last night”........he answered , he was still breathing heavily.

The bomb dropped unexpectedly.

WHAT ?? Everyone gasped including me. How ? That too murder..
Puspak rajvanshi was our village head. I never liked him. He was choosen because he was one of the richest person in UP. He was a pervert. Always molested  girls. And same goes for his son. They both ruled here with the power money. I never imagined someone powerful like him could be killed.

Tiwari chacha continued - "he was murdered brutally at midnight. His genitals are cut. He fingers and hands have been found near the river banks. His..his head has been teared apart. That looked so scary....”

"Though he deserved it .....but not in such a brutal way... ” baba replied. He was looking disturbed.

"An..and...not just puspak but his whole family and his related friends have been also murdered.
They were all found shot in there mansion”.

"Hey Ganga Maiya..... That means his whole family has been demolished...tsk tsk tsk tsk.....but who murder them ? And where ?” I asked him.

"Don't know beta....there was no evidence. Only blood and blood. And he was killed near the ghat. The ghat near your galii”...he answered.

Wait a minute!....near our Galli....that means last ni.... night that man near the ghat. 
The one I gave the umbrella ?  Did he murder puspak rajvanshi ?

The bloody smell i got.....
Which means I was near a murderer last night ?

..............................

It was 1.00 pm in the afternoon..
Dhruv woke up from his heavy sleep. After late night murders and waiting for that girl he was tired. It was always like this he would kill in the night and sleep throughout the day. For him 1.00pm was way to early. It should be 5.00 pm when he should wake up.
What wasn't letting him sleep today was something different..

After he came back last night. He was still thinking about that girl.
He couldn't sleep the whole night and day....
Kept shifting and alas around 6.00 he finally drifted to sleep.