Midterms

THIRD PERSON POV:

It was roughly 9 PM of the day the study group failed. Hitomi was in his room bored. He was hoping Horikita took his words to heart and is beginning to reflect on her isolationist mentality.

Meanwhile with Horikita, she decided to go and see her brother.

Hitomi decided to go for a walk and get a drink while he was at it, since he was bored.

As Hitomi approached the vending machine, he heard a voice.

???: I didn't think you'd follow me this far, Suzune.

Hitomi (thoughts): Isn't that Horikita's first name?

Horikita: Nii-san... I'm different from the useless girl you knew before. I've changed. I came here to catch up to you!

Manabu: Catch up to me? Please. Do you have any idea the kind of shame you bring this family?! My own sister in class D? If people found out my reputation would be destroyed! Leave this school immediately!

Horikita: No! I-I will reach class A soon. Then-

Manabu: Impossible.

Horikita: B-But-

Manabu: You really are a disobedient little sister.

He grabbed Horikita by her wrists and slammed her to the wall with her arms above her head. Hitomi quickly took a picture to protect himself should he get reported for what he's about to do, then Hitomi leapt into action.

Racing over to Manabu at impeccable speeds he kicks him in the stomach. This forced Manabu to let go of Horikita and he stumbled back while keeling over a little and clutching his stomach.

Horikita: Hitomi-kun?! Why did you do that?!

Hitomi: Hey president.

Even the great student council president Manabu Horikita had a chill run up his spine when he heard that tone.

Hitomi: What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you get some sick pleasure from hurting her? Not just with your cruel words but even physically.

Manabu looked up only to be met with a look he wouldn't soon forget. Hitomi's gaze indicated anger and disgust. As if he was looking at an existence that repulsed him.

Manabu: Eavesdropping isn't very admirable. So is meddling in family affairs. You do know I could have you expelled for this?

Hitomi: Nice try.

He showed the president his phone which had a picture of the president slamming his sister into a wall.

Manabu went to grab the phone with his left hand but was dodged easily. He tried sweeping Hitomi's feet. Hitomi saw it coming and jumped back. Shielding Horikita. This made Manabu stop.

Manabu: What's your name? As well as your relationship with Suzune.

Hitomi: Hitomi Hakuji. I'd say she's the classmate i'm closest with. She's got a lot of potential and I wish to help her. Unlike some people who seem to prefer abusing her.

Manabu got slightly saddened and angered at someone saying he abuses her.

Manabu: I don't abuse her.

Hitomi saw the look in the president's eyes when he said he abused her. This threw him off. He saw Manabu as an abusive older brother who is the cause for most of Horikitas problems. Hitomi's eyes widened when he realized what the president was trying to do.

Hitomi: Wait a sec... That's the approach you went with to help her? Seriously?

Manabu: Seems you figured it out. I would never abuse her Hitomi Hakuji. I must say i'm even more impressed by you than after learning you scored 50s on all of your entrance exams. That was quite a kick. I'll definitely be sore for the next few days.