The Killer

"I'll check the library again and the city center

"I'll check the library again and the city center." Nancy said as she put a full pack of cigarettes from the carton into her bag that Noah kept in the cupboard under the sink. "I'll talk to the teachers at school today, look around." Noah said as he fixed his sweater vest and rolled up his sleeves. "Well what am I supposed to do?" Maddie asked as she she kicked her feet at the table. Noah had picked her out a pretty long dress, designed with funky shapes and flowers, it totally matched her mood. "You'll mind the store." Noah said as he took the last few bites of his oatmeal and drank down his iced coffee. Nancy smiled. "Yes. Make sure you put out those new candles we got in and check the safe, I want it counted correctly this time." Nancy said as she gave Maddie a look. Maddie frowned and looked sad. "Why don't I ever get to do the exiting things." Noah shook his head. "Turn that frown upside down my love. You're doing it for me. I'll feel much better knowing that my little baby is safe at work." He got down on his knees to put her shoes on for her. "Please? For me?" He asked making a pout. Nancy rolled her eyes and quickly shoved the dirty dishes into the dish washer.

"Okay daddy." Maddie said as she smiled at him unable to keep the giggle out of her from his funny expression. "Good. I'll lick you both up this afternoon." Noah said as he went out and started up the car. After they left the door was shut and locked properly, the house settled in the mid morning breeze as it echoed throughout the walls. Another echo came from Nancy's cauldron as the top flipped open and fell hard onto the wooden floor. A black smoke came from the pot and circled around the floor, building itself up with the bones of dead Emily.
SNAP! CRACK! THHHHFTTT!

"Ahhh much better." Emily said as she cracked her neck into place and twirled around in the dress she was buried in. Her eyes looked about the house basement to see the main altar and pentagram on the floor. A painting of the three of them was mounted on the wall along with various other pictures from family trips and activities, all smiles and laughs, even the occasional smirk from Nancy. "What fools." Emily said as she smiled and twirled again. "It'll be a honor to capture you and drain you of your life and power, make you mindless slaves, control your home. Make myself whole and beautiful again!" She laughed and then placed a decayed finger on a picture of Noah. "And you'll be a pleasure. I'll make you love me and fuck me the way you fuck them." She said as she sneered and twirled again.

"Don't forget your lunch baby." Noah called out the window as he handed Maddie her princess lunch bag. She came back from the front of the store, the heavy ringlet of keys clanking in her hands. "Thank you daddy." She said as she leaned in to kiss him before turning and running to the door. "Don't forget the safe!" Nancy shouted from the passenger seat as Noah waited for Maddie to be in the building before he pulled away from the street corner. "I swear that girl." Nancy said as she puffed her cigarette." Noah nudged her shoulder with his elbow. "Oh you love her." He said as he pulled into the city center library. "Meet me at the cafe during lunch break?" He asked. Nancy nodded and blew out smoke from her window. "Of course my love." She said as she grabbed her notebooks and bag and got out of the car. "Call me if anything happens." She said as she shut the door. She blew him a kiss which he caught and pretended to put into his pocket before driving off towards the school.