Chapter 20

Ning Rushen listened intently as Li Wuting solemnly declared that he wanted to "see him ride the waves," making his scalp tingle.

Li Wuting casually replied with an "Mm-hmm" and then looked quietly at Ning Rushen, waiting for his performance.

Ning Rushen hesitated for a moment. "This isn't quite appropriate..."

Li Wuting asked, "Is there something inappropriate that can't be shown in public, for Us to see?"

Do you even know what nonsense you're talking?

In silence, De Quan and the Jin Yiwei were also looking at him, as if they were all waiting for him to show off.

Ning Rushen finally struggled, "It has to be on a boat."

Immediately, a Jin Yiwei behind him went to rent a larger boat, one big enough to accommodate their group. He returned and reported, "Master, the boat is rented and can accommodate Mr. Ning..."

He paused, subconsciously skipping over that word, "to show off to his heart's content."

Li Wuting had already crossed over him, heading towards the bow of the boat. "Let's go, Ning Qing."

Ning Rushen and Li Wuting sat in the boat, with two Jin Yiwei standing at each end, holding the oars. De Quan and Geng Yan were sandwiched in the middle, consciously remaining silent.

With a push of the wooden oar against the shore, the boat pushed out into the water.

Li Wuting sat upright, knocking his knuckles against the boat rail, indicating for Ning Rushen to hurry.

Ning Rushen sat opposite him, nervously twisting his fingers. "I need to prepare myself first."

Li Wuting was very patient. "Take your time."

During this moment of preparation, Geng Yan looked at the situation and felt both anxious and relieved: you don't want to row, you want to ride the waves! Look, His Majesty has put you in your place!

That look of a petty person achieving success was too conspicuous.

Ning Rushen caught a glimpse of it and couldn't help but slam his hand hard on the boat rail: Bang!

Li Wuting looked at his reddened palm. "Is this your preparation, Ning Qing?"

"No, no," Ning Rushen clung to the boat rail and began to fabricate, "this boat is too heavy, I'm having a bit of trouble with the waves... it's not moving. Get a lighter boat, and I can sway like this—"

He demonstrated by swaying, "Just like this, and then you can ride the waves."

Li Wuting looked down.

Except for himself swaying, the boat remained still.

At this moment, their boat was still quietly floating not far from the shore of the river, with scattered lights from the riverbank reflecting on the water, adding a faint glow to the deepening twilight.

Ning Rushen, dressed in crimson robes, stood out in the night.

As he swayed, the curve of his waist, bound by a white jade belt with snow plum blossoms, drew people's gaze.

He was earnestly performing an ineffective demonstration when suddenly he heard Li Wuting speak, "That's enough."

Ning Rushen stopped and turned his head: ?

"No need to ride the waves."

Li Wuting closed his eyes and used the jade fan to press against his brow. "Row the boat."