Situational Influence

This is just an extra chapter that pulled me in writing with the recent posts shared in social media. Just to make sure this is all for imagination just read and feel and be happy for who you are. Words can make us a whole lot and soothe us. Only give this a try if you are ok for a bit of of agony, angst and tears.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So long! After many months of not seeing you," he said as he uncomfortably folded his hand beside his head and came near me. I smiled at him, not wanting to make a scene. "Yeah, it's been a while. Anyway, congratulations on your new love life!" He didn't look at me and just said, "Thanks." I couldn't keep up with the silence, so I mustered the courage to ask, "How's it going these days?" He still didn't smile, instead, he glanced at me from time to time. "I've been through a lot, you know. But seeing you again like this, I have a dilemma in my head." I couldn't understand what he meant, so I asked, "Did I do anything wrong?" He sighed deeply. "I'm the one who's made all the wrong choices. I should have met you days, I mean months ago, to clear my mind. I'm a fool." I was surprised to hear his words, especially since he's with someone new. "Are you okay? Did something happen between you two?" He pulled me aside to the corner of the hall. "It's complicated. I'm happy with her, and it feels like love. But..." My eyes widened, "But?" He tried to look away. "When it comes to you, seeing you and talking to you, I find myself and my inner peace. I've been in love with you for over a decade. I never wanted to give it a chance because it was too much. But now, I love her, and seeing you makes me regret. I feel terrible! You're the one who belongs with me. What in the world am I doing with her?" His confession left me numb. But I gathered my courage to speak, "It must all be in your head. Anyway, we won't be meeting like before, so you won't have these dilemmas again." He nodded, looking hurt. "You're in my heart, you don't know it. All the things we did together, the connection we had, I sometimes want it back so badly. I want to hold you close and tell you that everything I did was wrong. Please forgive me, my..." Tears pricked my eyes. "Stop, there's no need to apologize. We're good. We'll always be. I won't intrude into your private space and ruin your life. And I won't think that others will either." He sniffed, tears in his eyes, and tightly held my hands. "Will you forget me? If I had a second chance, would you allow me to take you into my world? To be mine?" He pleaded, "Tell me, darling. I feel so much. It's agonizing to think that you're not mine anymore." I replied softly, "I was never yours, and you had your own life, as did I. Please forget about this and live your new life happily with her. Don't think of me, and don't let your life be ruined." He embraced me tightly, almost like a bear hug. "I love you... I love you so much. As I've said before, you're too good to me. That's why I couldn't make you mine. Promise me that in some other time or in another universe, you'll be mine." I was breaking apart inside, and I wished this pain would go away soon. I nodded slightly and tried to run away, but he kept his hold on me, kissing my forehead repeatedly. "I love you," he whispered again. I was falling apart, wishing this pain would fade away.