Chapter 8 - get serious

My head was aching from the elbow I received at the start of the fight and my stupid self decided to think that enough wasn't enough. Alwyn walked back towards me with a huge grin on his face. I didn't know what to think anymore, my head was burning with pain. I threw the first punch, a right jab. It, however, was the worst punch I threw this whole fight, it had no speed behind it and Alwyn punished me for it. He hit me with a straight right into the chest and I swear I blacked out for a second. I couldn't do anything, I felt terrible, scared even, all my pride was stripped away from me. I got back into stance and threw a 1-2 but Alwyn simply dodged them and landed a kick on the side of my body. I easily went down on 1 knee. As I was losing consciousness, I heard the sound of a familiar noise, a wave of relief washed over me. It was the sound of Kyle's signature bike getting louder and louder. I was saved.

I saw the headlights of DeadStone's gang, coming to save us. The gang got closer to us with Kyle at the front. "Wow! What a scene!" Kyle wasn't horrified seeing us in this state. He was used to it, due to being on the front lines of DeadStone since he was 14. "Saved by the bell, Dexter. Now let me fight your leader." Alwyn cracked his knuckles as he started walking towards Kyle. "Hold on there buddy, I'm not looking for a fight right now, especially after seeing you in such a weak state. I, however, will take this opportunity to discuss business." I lost consciousness after hearing Kyle say that. Some thoughts flowed into my mind like, is Joseph and Sam doing okay? Was Alwyn holding back? How far are we from these monsters at the top?

I woke up on a sofa in some person's apartment. I heard some sounds coming from the room behind me which lasted for about 2 minutes. I then saw two figures walk out of the room, it was Alwyn and some girl I never met before. Alwyn notices me and says "oh you're awake. You've been asleep for the whole night! Haha." Alwyn introduces me to the girl I saw him walk out of the room with "This is Dexter, the guy I fought last night. One hell of a fighter but he still has a lot to learn. Dexter, this is my girlfriend, Charlotte. She's the vice captain for Ellington and is the second strongest fighter in the gang. I'll go make you guys some coffee, I'll be right back." Charlotte had long red hair and wore a black pair of glasses, she took a seat on the sofa next to me. "So how was fighting Alwyn?" I replied back with "He beat the shit out of me. No matter what I did, he had a counter for. He's called "the hero" but during that whole fight, I was terrified of him." She smiled back and glanced over the window. "His methods are a little cruel, but that's who he is. He values trust and friendship in this gang. That's why he tested you guys, to see if DeadStone is worth our help or not, and you passed."

Alwyn walked back into the living room with 2 cups of coffee and took a seat for himself. I asked him, "What did you and Kyle talk about?" Alwyn replies "Just some stuff about the gang. Oh, and Dex, are we friends now?" I acted sort of annoyed "Friends? We were literally trying to knock each other's heads off less than 24 hours ago!" Alwyn started laughing "Well, the past is the past. We shouldn't dwell on it too much." "Why do you even want to be friends with me anyway?" Charlotte spoke up "Well you see, after seeing your resolve against Alwyn last night, the members of Ellington took a unique liking to you. You have potential in the world of dreamers and many noticed it last night. If you ever think about leaving DeadStone, we'll always have our doors open." She winked at me as she said that, which gave me the chills. I thought to myself for a quick second on what potential did I even have and I thought about the time Kyle telling me and Sam the same thing.

Alwyn stood up and said "Well first things first, I'll have to greet you now as my comrade." He stuck his hand out. "Me too, I'm still sus on the "test" you had for us but I know you hold no ill intentions. From what I saw, you're a good guy. Someone worthy of the name "The Hero", It's great being allies with you both." After I shook his hand I sat back down to finish the coffee. Alwyn looks out of his window blinds and says "Oh, there should be a guy from DeadStone to pick you up, you might want to leave soon."

I stepped out of the building and saw Joseph leaning on a motorcycle. I asked him "where's your bike?" He replied back "Kyle's hooked me up with dis az tanks for our fight wit Alwyn last night. Anyways, I'm here to drop you off at your place. Hop on the back" As we rode down the road he mentioned our confrontation with Alwyn "About yesterday, thanks for dat." I replied back "no problem, we're comrades." As we arrive at my house, we see Sam with his arms crossed sitting on a chair on my patio. Joseph talks to me but in a serious tone this time "you realized what happened to us last night right?" I replied back "Yeah, at the level we're at, we won't be able to handle those monsters at the top." Joseph nodded in agreement and rode off. I walked to Sam "We have to get serious." "Yeah."