Chapter 3

In the end, you didn't even get to give Dimitri the gift you made. Your conversation didn't end in friendly terms and he was really upset by the things that you said. You were also upset by the things that he said but you understand where he's coming from. Maybe you should have asked him first why he likes you. Maybe then you can give a more informed response to his affections.

However, you saw how he reacted. It was unsavory seeing him lose his cool like that. It was confusing. Yeah, you don't know much about him but you heard that he was really level-headed, competent, and respectful. He was very popular in your school not only because of his looks, talents, and money but also because of his unshakeable composure.

You clutched the packed lunch you made for him. It would be such a waste to throw it away. Maybe you should just leave it in his classroom. You don't care if he throws it away because at least you put in some effort to apologize.

You took a detour and headed for his classroom. His classmates gave you confused looks. You knew some of them and were even on friendly terms. You went to your friend Abegail who you were classmates with in preschool and asked her where Dimitri's seat was.

"What? Are you going to confess to him?" she asked teasing you. You immediately turned pink and shook your head.

"It's not like that. I felt like I offended him just recently so I wanted to apologize," you replied.

"Oh, I thought it was a confession. So what did you do? Knowing your unfiltered potty mouth I'm sure it was something awfully rude." she chuckled. Abegail was really beautiful and she even came from a well-off family. Not only that but she's also a consistent honor student and a member of the same club as you. She participates in several interschool competitions and she wins quite a lot of them. She was better at you in a lot of ways so you begin to wonder why Dimitri chose you instead of someone like Abegail.

"Yes, it was something like that."

"What did you say?"

"Something that should not be repeated." Abegail laughed, the sound was beautiful and melodious. She pointed you to a seat with a lot of letters and little gifts piled on the table. You were impressed. So it was true that he gets a lot of confessions. The stationaries were also the expensive kind and they were fragrant too!

You placed the packed lunch on his table and were about to leave when you thought of something. How will he know it was from you? Maybe he won't even acknowledge your apology because he didn't know it was from you.

You asked Abegail for a post-it note and also borrowed a pen from her. It was pink and glittery which was kinda cute.

'I'm sorry for being such a bitch. Let's talk more once you've cooled off.'

—(Y/N)

You took another Post-it note and attached it to the lunch box and wrote down another thing on it. This would serve as another explanation for rejecting his confession. These were poem titles and their authors. If he is as smart as they said he is, he will get the meaning of your intentions once he reads them.

"Are you sure it's not a love confession?" Abrgail clarified feeling amused as she read the note you left.

"Eh, (y/n) is confessing? I thought you were a lesbian." Patrick teased. He is one of Abegail's classmates and a prominent basketball player.

"Really? And you're even confessing to Dimitr. Dude, you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't think he's interested in girls who can punch harder than a guy." joked Chedrik, his friend.

"I'm not really interested in talking to men with penises the size of triple-A batteries." you retorted smugly.

"You're ugly. Dimitri will never love you. Wake up." They retorted laughing in unison like the fools that they are. Honestly, you weren't too offended. This is your friendship dynamics with these two. Teasing and jabbing at each other was a hobby at this point. You weren't too close with them but you find that fooling around with the boys is fun. After all, you are also a mischievous creature.