Chapter 7: Endgame

(Los Vaqueros, the Mega Mixers, Keith, Dimitris, Harper and Rafael decide to distract the Atlas Soldiers while Garry and Suarez chase after General Ironwood (Union-Verse) through the tunnels of Site Hotel Bravo.)

Suarez: They're just around the corner, come on! Garry, get on the boat!

(An Atlas Soldier is heard through the radio.)

Atlas Soldier 1: Be advised, we're dispatching RPG units on the bridges to intercept Garry Larson and Moore Edwards. All bridge fireteams, equip RPGs and intercept any boats in pursuit of Gold Eagle. Little Birds are inbound. E.T.A. 40 seconds.

(They get on a Zodiac and begin to chase Ironwood (Union-Verse) along the river. They encounter the Ace Operatives at the banks of the river. Garry pulls out a Mini-Uzi and shoots at them while Suarez suppresses them with his M4A1. Bodies drop and barrels explode while they dodge enemy fire and RPGs as they race down the river. Ironwood (Union-Verse) is seen driving his boat into a cave.)

Suarez: Through that cave!

(They chase Ironwood (Union-Verse) into the cave. When they come out, Atlas (Union-Verse) soldiers are seen riding additional boats. Little Bird helicopters are flying overhead.)

(While they go down the rapids Atlas (Union-Verse) soldiers on more boats appear around them. Garry shoots at them. Once the rapids settle the chase continues. Garry takes out any remaining Atlas (Union-Verse) soldiers and any of the Ace Operatives at the river banks. A Pave Low is seen flying above the river.)

Ironwood (Union-Verse): Avatar One, gimme a sitrep, over!

UAV Operator: I have Warhorse 5-1 standing by. Pave Low's downriver, sir.

Ironwood (Union-Verse): Copy that! Warhorse 5-1, be advised, we're coming in hot!

Pave Low Pilot: Roger - droppin' the hatch - keep it above 30 knots and watch the vertical clearance.

Suarez: Garry! Hold it steady!

(The Pave Low flies away but it is blocked by a sandstorm. It hovers above the waterfall in an attempt to turn around.)

Pave Low Pilot: Uhh crew we got a sandstorm at 12 o'clock. We're taking the long way around. Hang on.

Suarez: Steady! Steady!

(As Garry holds the boat still near the waterfall, Suarez fires his M4A1 in burst, then fires his M203 grenade launcher at the Pave Low.)

Suarez: Back up, back up!

(Garry attempts to get the boat in reverse, but the current is too strong; the boat falls over the waterfall and into the river. Both jump out of the boat and into the water feet.)

(Garry wakes up on the bank of the river, coughing up water from his lungs. Sounds of the Pave Low falling and crashing can be barely heard. He stands up, wounded, knife in his hand, and begins to walk staggeringly towards the crashed Pave Low. He sees a wounded Atlas Soldier crawling and bleeding. Garry grabs the soldier and slits his throat. Right next to the wreck he sees another one lying on his back and holstering out a G18. The soldier pulls the trigger but the weapon clicks empty. Garry pushes the soldier's gun away and stabs him in the side of the head. Clatter is heard from behind the wreck. It is revealed to be Ironwood (Union-Verse). Ironwood (Union-Verse) frantically runs from the wreck into a sandstorm and rests on a car. Garry slowly chases him and sees him resting on the car.)

(Garry raises his arm to kill Ironwood (Union-Verse), but Ironwood (Union-Verse) blocks the knife and knocks down Garry to the ground. He takes out his own knife and stabs Garry in the chest. Garry temporarily blacks out.)

Ironwood (Union-Verse): Five years ago, I lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye. And the world just fuckin' watched.

(As Garry wakes up, Ironwood (Union-Verse) takes out his empty magnum and loads two bullets in it.)

Ironwood (Union-Verse): Tomorrow there will be no shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots.

(He points the gun at Soap and locks the hammer.)

Ironwood (Union-Verse): I know you understand.

(Ironwood (Union-Verse) pulls the trigger, but just as the bullet moves into the chamber Suarez runs in and knocks away Ironwood (Union-Verse), causing the bullet to miss, saving Garry. Suarez kicks away the gun and he begins to fight hand-to-hand with Ironwood (Union-Verse). Garry slowly crawls towards the gun. Suarez is knocked down. Before Garry could reach the gun, Ironwood (Union-Verse) kicks it away and stomps Garry in the face. Garry's vision fades in and out as he sees Suarez and Ironwood (Union-Verse) continue to fight. Ironwood (Union-Verse) kicks down Suarez and begins to punch him repeatedly in the face.)

(Garry, seeing the knife STILL in his chest, grips it firmly and begins to pull it out.)

Suarez: Get off me...son of a bitch!

(The knife slowly comes out of his chest, blood gushing from his wound as he angrily groans in pain.)

Suarez: Ironwood, I'll kill you!

(He pulls harder, straining his last bit of strength with both hands until it finally comes out. He twists the knife in his hand, looks at Ironwood (Union-Verse).)

Garry: (mutters) Ironwood... Ironwood...

(Garry throws the knife as Ironwood (Union-Verse) looks up. The knife lands in Ironwood (Union-Verse)'s left eye, killing him, his body falls backwards as blood gushes out of his face. Garry looks at Suarez, lying there motionless. Garry almost blacks out, but regains his vision when Suarez wakes up and coughs from the beating. He moves Ironwood (Union-Verse)'s body away as he gets up, he sees Garry.

Suarez: Garry! Garry!

(As Suarez looks at Garry's wound and tries to cover it with gauze, Alan & David come in their plane.)

Suarez: It'll hold for now. Come on, get up!

(Suarez helps Garry up and carries him.)

Suarez: I thought I told you this was a one-way trip!

Alan: Looks like it still is...they'll be looking for us you know...

(Garry almost stumbles as David helps him up.)

Suarez: Alan, David, we gotta get Soap outta here...

Alan: Uh... we know a place.

(The heroes take Garry somewhere else, and after they got Garry Larson to get Place to get him patched up, Keith Dickinson, Lavden "Dimitris" Philson, Harper Gregor, Rafael Moràlez, The Members of Los Vaqueros, and Alan & David decide to say their goodbyes to the Mega Mixers.)

Keith: We'll meet again.

(The Mega Mixers understand as they take Garry away. The four heroes and Los Vaqueros go with Alan and David in their Plane to find a certain base as the screen fades out.)