Eight

Alberu found Cale annoying to be honest, not only that but suspicious. After all the things that happened in the capital, it is no surprise that he found him suspicious. After all, he went from being a trash into a hero in one day. With only that information he manage to get from with, he did not push through due to the fact that you trust him.

But you also made it sure to tell him that he is free to do things as he wished even if that means getting information about your own brother. It is not an act of mistrust. It is better to be cautious than to be careless.

And now looking at that very same younger brother of yours that he barely manage to push on the back of his mind. Alberu's head is aching, looking at the smiling younger brother of yours that seemingly resemble your smile and the glass container on the table containing black liquid inside. Dead mana.

"You're driving me crazy."

"I guess I was right."

This time the two looked at each other silently.

After a while, Alberu open his mouth.

"And?"

It was another room for conversation and negotiation.

After a while, after some long talk the two have come into conclusion and a deal. He even manage to get a hold of the Magic tower's liege summoning device that allows the holder to send a short message to all the mages in the Whimper kingdom. It was a device with simple yet powerful influence. With this kind of device, a new power will surely come into hand specially with how things were currently happening in the Whimper Kingdom.

It was all thanks to this bastard. Looking at the red hair sitting leisurely on the couch in his office, Alberu was anxious about one thing.

"Young Master Cale."

"Yes your highness?"

Cale reply without much thought.

The conversation was practically over. What is there more to talk about?

"Does your sister know?"

"Does my sister know?"

Cale asked genuinely asked back.

Cale thought you knew about this matter. That his highness was in fact was a quarter of dark elf blood in him.

"Well I'll take that as a no."

Alberu lean back on his chair, never once looking away at the emotionless expression on Cale's face.

"Don't tell her about this, I heard recently that you've been sending letters to your Noona. I'll be the one to talk to her about this matter."

Alberu explained.

Alberu thought he manage to hide his expression well right in front of Cale. In fact, he does all the time. But not this time, Cale could see the anxious look in those eyes. Why is it? He looked so confident before. How come he was so anxious suddenly when it comes to you?

"Your highness did you perhaps have..."

"What is that?"