Four

"Is there something bothering you?"

"Does it looks like that? Your Highness."

You chuckle and look down at the countless of paper on your desk before glancing at the crown prince not to far away from you.

"I should be the one asking you that, your highness."

You said with a sigh before picking up a paper.

It contains the approved proposal about a naval base at the Ubarr's territory. One of the main reason why you are busy right now. The proposal itself are not that bad, still there were some things that needed to be change in which you just happened to be in change of.

"That's nothing new for me. However you on the other hand getting distracted is a different thing."

"Well that actually make a lot of sense your highness."

You replied as you set the paper down and proceed to take care of the other papers that you need to take care of.

"Should I be worried?"

"It's nothing like you think your highness, it's something personal."

You admitted with a sigh.

"As one of my people, shouldn't I know what's going on, on your mind specially when it's clearly affecting yor work?"

"Affecting my work? I have not-"

"You've been getting a lot of things wrong ever since yesterday. You even drink my tea this morning and you're telling me it's not affecting your work?"

With a smile on his face, you should not help but to smile back forced, the corner of your lips twitching.

Then you sigh and play will your quill pen, something thay was gifted to you by the same prince across you, leaning on his chair with a smile on his face, waiting for your answer.

Contemplating for a bit, you look back and forth at the pen and the crown prince.

"I was thinking of coming home, your highness."

You said with a defeated sigh.

There was a new minutes of silence after that.

"I can't see why not, it's not like you're going to quit."

He shrugs then went back into doing the paper works as you stare at him dumbfounded.

Then your heterochromia iris met with his pair of blue ones.

"Are you?"

He asked, never once taking off his eyes from you.

"No, your highness. I made a promise with you right? I won't leave until you make it as a the ruler of this land."

You chuckle and so does he.

"Then I can't see why not. It must also be because of your younger brother no?"

"Exactly your highness."