lies so sweet yet so bitter

3rd person pov

With the rising sun shining through the window of the royal palace, Deon gets out of bed putting on his clothes while his royal highness Elpidius was still sound asleep.

Throughout the time Deon stayed in the empire, he has been going on dates with his highness , after the entire empire found out about their relationship, both have been quite busy, many often see them going on banquets together while showing off their love , the emperor didn't disagree even the princess supported it though all they want was to tigh him down.

Deon was only playing along with his highness affectionate display, well to be fair his highness now genuinely loved Deon with all his heart but Deon still played the love act to the point where he even let his highness take him in his chambers.

Now Deon was up and ready to get out since today is the day he goes back to the demon . he never bothered to at least leave a note or glance at the sleeping prince, why ? His majesty ordered him to go back to the demon realm so his majesty will explain to the prince he couldn't care though but he thought maybe the prince might follow him , and that's gonna be an issue.

As he left the gate he could feel many eyes on him radiating with disgust and envy . He didn't mind as he continued the path he always went towards the demon realm.

Deon's pov

Now walking to a similar path I noticed something different, the flowers have now changed It was replaced by a flower that holds the symbol love and pain .it's redness was like blood, thorns where like knives, it was beautiful and deadly .

I checked if anyone was around before picking six of the flowers into my bag .

I like flowers that's one of my secrets, I remember back then when I was still in the orphanage I would always play in the garden though whenever I was caught touching them I would get punished.

Finally I made it past the borders , now I'm in the demon realm, like always it wasn't really a bright place but it's then the burning sun that could actually kill me.

As I was walking again towards the demon king's castle, There my gaze landed on the similar looking flower that I just picked up a while ago but the color is different, it was dark purple like the sky of this realm and of course I picked it up why wouldn't I.

Once I arrived at the castle, I was greeted with worship literally, a lot of demons gathered around chanting my name like I'm some kind of deity, if I have to guess ririnell was behind this, she is quite fond me though I don't know why.

Ririnell "SIR ARUT!!!"

She came running towards me , I sigh , although I'm not bothered by their sudden display of worship they do need to stop this , I had to admit I'm quite pleased by the decorations and Bright colors they prepared just for me but I'm not gonna let this distract me .

Ririnell "welcome back"

Me"what is all this ?"

Ririnell "it the 'arut cult' we made it by gathering all demons who respect you , we use the concept of religion that I hear from devilania do you like it?"

Me"dismiss them"

Ririnell"w-what..."

Me"I said dismissed them all or I'll make you disband it permanently"

Ririnell"D-Dismiss!! everyone dismiss!!!!!!!!"

"Disband!!!???"

"Guys let's go!!"

"Long live sir arut!!!!"

Now everyone was gone though I'm relief I'm kinda miss the bright colors to bad I can't actually say I like it .