pain of a rose

A/N this chapter well take place in chapter 63 of I'm not that kind of talent

I have my own imagination of what I want to happen in this chapter so I hope you'll like it .

Deon's pov

I didn't have time to rest while my paperwork just started to pile up again . It's been a week long since the hunting competition ended and it has been that long since I got some rest. I feel so exhausted but I can't just stop right now. Even if I've been caughting up blood recently due to my physical limit, I don't want to stop , I'm thinking of this as one of my punishments so I'll just gladly accept it.

Remember "marquis you should rest"he said with concern in his voice

Me"I will once I'm finished"

Remember "but sir you haven't slept for a week now I'm worried about your health..."

His worried about me? How nice of him I don't remember the last time anyone has spoken to me as gentle as him so I'm glad , although he doesn't have to since I'm not worth his concern but still it's kinda nice.

Me"I'm fine , why don't you take a rest instead" I said as nicely as I can

Remember "but sir I-" he cut off

*Knock knock knock*

Me "come in"

Dan came in and bowed looking nervous as we made eye contact, why though?

Me"Dan is everything okay?"I said

Dan"m-my lord his highness the crown prince is here to umm... s-see you..."

Oh his highness is here? But why is Dan so nervous? Did his highness come here with a bad mood ? Maybe it's because of the hunting competition

Me"where is his highness?"

Dan"in the living room my lord"

Me"well then I should go see his highness "I said while standing up from my set and left the room after telling Remember to rest .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Once I came inside the living room , I was greeted with an unexpected sight , his highness Elpidius Deserte the crown prince of the empire, was holding a banquet of blue roses and held it Infront of me .

Me"ahh your highess what's this?"I said in confusion

Elpidius "it's a congratulatory gift for being first place in the hunting compilation!" He flash a big toothy grin.

Seeing his smile it made sense now ,
His lying, he didn't came here to congratulate me his for something else.

There's one thing that can identify if someone is lying to you and that is their strange body language, a person who doesn't know how to make a lie came out as the truth is a false liar.

From the tone of his voice to his crack smile , the sweat falling from his cheek and his shaken eyes that was obviously nervous. It was no doubt a lie.

Elpidius pov

I'm sorry ,count, but I need to tie you down in the empire, after Allethea told me that Deon Hart is interested in men , she convinced me to come and confirm whether her theory is true or not .

Flash back

Allethea "I'm telling you cou-marques Deon hart is attracted to men!"*beamed*

Elpidius "*cough!*W-what!?"

Allethea" think about it ! he hardly interacts with women and he's always surrounded by other men!"

Elpidius"b-but Allethea-"