7

"Time for another successful performance, ladies." Gwendolyn said, adding the final touches to her make-up. She was in a work smock, the kind a working woman in the factory would wear with her hair pinned up into a bun. The dark-haired woman applied a classic bold red lip color to her lips as she examined herself in the mirror.

'So far.. nothing looks out of place. Perfect, even.' She thought, turning her face left and right, making sure her stage make-up was in place. Gwendolyn was now ready for her part as Carmen, the fiery and passionate yet seductive gypsy woman of the same name. She left her dressing room with June as Micaela in tow as the opera began.

After June's soft Aria, it was time for Carmen's passionate habanera. Gwendolyn softly cleared her throat and spoke the opening line. "When will I love you? Good lord, I don't know, maybe never, maybe tomorrow... But not today, that's for sure!" Then, the music for the Habanera began playing.

"Love is a wild bird that no one can tame.

And you'll waste your time trying to catch it.

Nothing helps. Not threats, or pleas.

You may talk to me passionately... yet I'll pick a man who never said a word.

That's love, that's love!"

Gwendolyn placed a bucket under a tap and turned on the water, dipping a cloth in water and wringing it professionally as she sang those opening lines. She felt everyone's eyes on her and for some reason.. she enjoyed it.. liked having their eyes on her and only her.. of course, while she preferred their eyes on her, she enjoyed having Erika's eyes on her alone. It made her feel wanted. She knew the Mirage was there in box 5 with a love-struck smile on her face.

"Love is a gypsy child who never, never follows the rules.

If you don't love me, I still might love you.

And if I love you, watch out!"

She then moved the cloth in a up and down motion under the pretense of drying it and lightly moved it aside, smirking Carmen's famous look. The audience's eyes were fixated onto her as she sang and the managers were pleased that Gwendolyn had been practicing so much that her beauty drove many from near and far just to see her and only her. critics were loving the soprano because of the rumored 'golden voice' she possessed.

"If you don't love me, I still might love you."

She then lifted the skirt of her dress, smirking as she heard some of the males in the audience gasp in shock and rubbed some water on her bare leg which was smooth and creamy, adding onto the seductive charm she had within her.

"and if I love you, watch out!"

She put the bucket to the side, reaching under her blouse and pulling out a bitter orange, biting the peel off it and spat it out into the bucket. Gwendolyn sat down onto a rock and bit into the fruit, removing any juices onto her lips.

"If you don't love me, I still might love you."

Gwendolyn was getting lost into her role, her hand under her lips as the chorus sang in the background.

"And if I love you, watch out!"

She placed the orange into the bucket as she smirked, fully emersed into her role as Carmen. Erika was shifting around in her seat in box 5, biting back a small moan. It was an opera, that she knew, but she couldn't help herself! That soprano was not only alluring, she was very tempting.. 'Oh Gwendolyn.. why did I have to fall for someone as passionate as you?' Thought Erika as she continued watching her goddess and angel sing the parts she was meant to..

"The bird you hoped to surprise beats its wings and flies away.

Wait for Love, and you'll lose out.

Give up, and it will appear.

Love's all around you.

Then it's gone, now it's back.

Just when you think you've lost it, there it is."

She stood behind one of the tenors, smirking and wrapping her arms around him from behind. Gwendolyn's eyes had a twinkle to them, one that showed she was in her role and enjoying it. Erika had to surpress a small laugh upon seeing the tenor in question become so flustered from having a beauty like her pressed against his back. She then sang in a beautiful tone as she now stood in front of him and had him wrap his arms around her torso. She smirked as she placed the peel in his mouth as Erika chuckled, finding it amusing and she quietly stole a red cassia flower of one of the chorus girls' basket.

"Love is a gypsy child who never, never follows the rules.

If you don't love me, I still might love you."

She strided away as she held the flower in her hands. Gwendolyn could be quite a vixen when she wanted to be.

"But if I'm in love with you, don't ever try to spurn me."

She stood in front of the tenor she teased and placed the flower she had stolen onto his shoulder, smiling Gwendolyn trailed the flower down his uniform and the front of his pants, hiding a giggle upon teasing him.

"And if I love you, watch out!"

Gwendolyn walked towards Christian, who was Jose. she tapped his shoulder with the flower.

"If you don't love me, I may love you."

She walked past him as she smirked, twirling and letting her skirt fly up as her eyes sparkled like jewels. she was enjoying having everyone's eyes fixed on her as she performed.. then again.. that was expected for the future prima-donna of the Paris Opera House. "You think we should promote her after this opera is done?" whispered Florance as Andree nodded, agreeing. Erika smiled, knowing her beloved's dreams would come true.

"And if I love you, Watch out!"

She sang the last notes of the song in the same beautiful tone. After she sang, everyone in the audience was silent before they all stood up for a standing ovation for the soprano as Gwendolyn let out a modest blush. She was happy they enjoyed her Aria. 'Brava, my love.. brava..' Thought Erika as she joined the others.

The rest of the evening, the opera went well as the members took turns thanking the audience. When it was Gwendolyn's turn, she picked up the sides of her red flamenco dress and cursticed at the waist, smiling softly. She was a red butterfly who's wings had fluttered brightly and everlasting.

She was a flame of passion that would forever live on in their hearts.