4

"Monsieur Giry, what is the meaning of this arrival?" Gwendolyn asked the father of Mark Giry as she rised from her dressing table, clad in her pale blue pleated silk dressing gown, complete with long sleeves, white sequins and heels that seemed to look like they were made of glass with butterflies on the toe of the shoe.

"I apologize for startling you, Gwendolyn. But, it seems my employer wishes to meet you." This sparked Gwendolyn's interest, who could possibly be interested in meeting her? As she looked at Giry's hand extended out to her, she decided to see what was going on and took his hand. "Now, close your eyes." She heard him say to her as she obeyed, closing her eyes.

"Now, open them." She opened them and looked around. The first thing she noticed was that she was no longer in her dressing room. Instead, they both seemed to be underneath the opera house from what she could see. she also noticed that Monsieur Giry was no longer there with her as well. She heard singing as she blinked twice, as Gwendolyn felt herself growing into a trance under the music that was being sung to her as her beautiful sapphire eyes dulled slightly, showing she wasn't fighting the music as she began to sing (A/N: Start music.)

"In sleep she sang to me, in dreams she came..

That voice which calls to me and speaks my name..~

and do i dream again? for now, i find..

The Mirage of the Opera is there.. Inside my mind~!"

The sound of boots clicking against the concrete area of the fifth cellar rang out as a woman with raven hair which was cascading down her back, molten amber eyes, and death-colored skin, all hidden under a black suit as Mirage smirked upon seeing Gwendolyn, knowing that Giry managed to lure her out of her dressing room while the two girls she would normally be with gone.

"Sing once again with me, our strange duet..

My power over you grows stronger yet..

And though you turn from me to glance behind...

The Mirage of the Opera is there.. inside your mind~"

Mirage took Gwendolyn's hand and was pleansantly shocked that it was soft to the touch. She guided the soprano to a lake where a gondola was waiting at the pier for her as Gwendolyn sat down and she stepped in, after untying it and rowed it away from the pier as they continued to sing their duet together.

"Those who have seen your face, draw back in fear..

I am the mask you wear.."

"It's me they hear~"

"My/Your spirit and your/my voice, In one combined~!"

"The Mirage of the Opera is there, inside my mind..~!"

"Beware..

The Mirage of the Opera..

She's there, The Mirage of the Opera~"

The Mirage continued to row them across the lake as they continued to sing and arrived at their destination. It was a simple house which seemed to be made underneath the Opera house itself! they both stepped off the boat as she smiled, having lost herself in the song.

"In all your/my fantasies.."

"You always knew, woman and mystery.."

"Were both in you, all in you..

and in this labyrinth, where night is blind~"

"Angel, grant to me your glory.."

"The Mirage of the Opera is there.."

"Inside my/your mind~!"

"Beware, the Mirage of the Opera~"

"She's there, The Mirage of the Opera~!"

"Sing."

Gwendolyn obeyed, her voice singing a high note as her eyes were closed as the Mirage said to her once more: "Sing." Gwendolyn sung a little higher, obeying once more as she continued to sing the note.

"Sing, my angel of music."

Gwendolyn continued to obey, singing even higher as the crystals reflected the note she was singing since she wanted to please the Mirage with her voice and keep her occupied with her gorgeous voice. "Sing for me!" she heard her say as she sung even more higher than ever. Gwendolyn could feel herself about to faint from the note she was singing but pressed on. "Sing, my angel of music." Gwendolyn continued to sing the note even more as she sung even higher, not stopping for even a moment.

"Sing for me."

Gwendolyn succeeded in singing the E6 note of the song as she collapsed into the Mirage's arms as she caught her breath. Once Gwendolyn caught her breath, she looked up at the Mirage with pure innocence which made her heart melt. "welcome to my humble abode, my love.." the Mirage caressed the breasts of the soprano's body while her arm wrapped itself around her waist as Gwendolyn touched her right cheek with her fingers as she seemed to enjoy the soprano's touch on her face.

Gwendolyn fought the urge to kiss her. "all for you, my angel." as she let out a cute little 'aw' in her mind. She found the Mirage's reactions to her very.. cute for some strange reason..  Gwendolyn was quite beautiful, but when it came to advances of her own heart, she was completely clueless. She wanted to love and be loved, but.. when people came to her performances, she had to put on an act for them and pretend that she knew what she wanted as she was the prized soprano of the Paris opera house.

She could feel her entire body melting and becoming heavy as she was then carried to a swan shaped bed, as she felt the softness of the red velvet inside it and the coolness of a pale blue satin cover as her heels were placed right beside the bed so she could put them on when she woke up as she felt a kiss on her temple and gentle words: "I will be in the next room when you wake up, my angel of music.." as she could hear the sound of boots walking away from the room as a little smile formed on the mirage's face.

She finally had the angel where she wanted her.