the prophecy

Kim Taehyung was intrigued.

He had accomplished at 28, what most couldn't with a few lifetimes at their disposal. And while his naysayers would be quick to credit his billionaire family for his monumental success, those closer at hand knew that his family had little, if anything, to do with his success.

With everything that he had seen and experienced in his short life, both soaring professional highs and catastrophic personal lows; where he carried every worry but money... it was hard for him to be surprised anymore.

Today was one of those days where the boredom weighed particularly heavy on his shoulders. Instead of reviewing the storyboards, like he was supposed to, he was busy snooping on his assistant's calendar interface.

She was so annoyingly and effortlessly efficient, that he liked to throw a wrench into her process every once in a while.

While she typed away diligently at her desk outside his office, Taehyung watched the live updates on his computer screen. She was working on updating his calendar for the week, and the initial draft of meetings was being inputted. Yuck. A full calendar.

Oh, the monotonous drudgery.

The unshakeable Ms. Liu went on to slot a coffee meeting at 4 pm, today. A Park Jimin. Well, that was a common name. A unisex name. Boy? Girl? Park Jimin? Who was Park Jimin?

As quickly as the meeting went up, it disappeared.

But Taehyung was intrigued.

He had the afternoon free. He had cleared it to review these already overdue storyboards for a game his team was working on. But they hadn't appropriately addressed his first round of critiques and the storyboard was still very much littered with mistakes he had highlighted already. So he felt very little interest in reviewing them properly now. 

What he should have done was, have the storyboards sent back immediately, and then properly utilized his afternoon doing other productive things.

Instead, what he did was, call his assistant to find out about this mysterious Park Jimin, and then request for all the information he could get on him.

There were days when Taehyung would work very hard if it meant not working at all.

Armed with a brief background check on the mysterious Park Jimin, he headed to Prometheus Towers. He was accompanied by one of Ms. Liu's junior assistants, because she was, in her words "Too busy to run around with you taking minutes of frivolous meetings that you take on to avoid the work you're actually supposed to do" Ouch. But honestly, fair.

Taehyung preferred having meetings like this at the coffee shop located within this hotel because he was paranoid. It wasn't an adjective he enjoyed being prescribed to himself, but it was true.

On his arrival, the coffee shop was immediately cleared of any other guests. A thorough bug sweep was done, and the staff of the coffee shop was replaced by the hotel's Food and Beverage Manager, Mr. Seok, who knew Taehyung ever since he could walk. 

Taehyung preferred to surround himself with only people he trusted.

He chose a seat, with his back to the entrance. He didn't want to see this mysterious Park Jimin when he walked in.

While he waited, he went through Park Jimin's file once again.

Taehyung felt the initial pang of regret, agreeing to this meeting hit him. He had already been acquainted with this man's sister and mother.