12-Introductions

AUTHOR'S POV-

It was time for bidai, for which the groom was standing behind the bride, and other family members were doing their tilak, giving the newly wedded couple blessings.

Sarakshi's mother was grinning ear to ear looking at Rashvik while doing his tilak, but the smile faded when she looked at her daughter, which Rashvik noticed.

They bent down and touched her feet. Not a single tear dropped from her eyes, after all it's not something her parents would cry for. Sarakshi didn't cry either, she was looking down the whole time.

Next to her mother was standing Manish Singhania. Rashvik had never thought in his life that he would have to touch the feet of a person like Manish Singhania. He was beyond angry and wanted to punch him in the face. The only thing that was adding fuel to the fire was Manish's face,plastered with a smug grin.

On the other hand Sarakshi was feeling disgusted to even touch his feet, she hates him so much. She knows his truth, his deeds, how he treats her.
The world only knows him because of his greediness, and thinks he is very good to his family but she knows how nasty and awful he is.
The suffering she has gone through because of him is absolutely unbearable.

"Rashvik beta, take care of my daughter, now you're my son, you can do that for me, right?" Manish said making Rashvik huff in anger

"Don't you dare call me your son" Rashvik said gritting his teeth, looking straight into his eyes

"It is what it is... beta" Manish said emphasizing the word beta.

Rajiv gestured to Rashvik to remain silent, and he obeyed his dad.

" 'My daughter', huh? Did I hear it wrong" Sarakshi thought to herself, how much lower this man will stoop?

Suddenly, her father's face flashed in front of her. Tears formed in her eyes and she happily let them roll down her face remembering her dadda's smiling face.

'Dadda you would have cried for me, right? That's what she thought to herself, sobbing harder.

"Bye-Bye little sister, will surely miss you" Her step sister said in a mocking tone.

Sarakshi didn't pay attention to her words and just hung her head low, still sobbing.

Rashvik glared at her, not averting his gaze a bit.
Her step-sister stopped blabbering looking at Rashvik's enraged face.

Rashvik was clueless, why he was reacting that way, but he just wanted to shut her family's mouth forever.

They moved toward the gate where the cars were parked.

Sarakshi didn't turn her head back even once. She wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

The driver opened the door for her, and she sat inside, sobbing harder covering her face with her hands.

Rashvik came from the other side and sat beside her.

The car started moving and Sarakshi tried to calm herself, feeling a presence beside her.

"agar tumhe itna rona aa raha hai apni family se alag hone mai toh shadi ke liye haa hi kyu bola? It would have been better for both of us if you had said no" Rashvik said looking out of the window.

Little did he know, she was not crying for her family, the reason was something else.

Sarakshi felt as if her world was turned upside down. She didn't want to experience the same thing again which she did in the past.