Chapter 21

"WHAT?" 

"Whoa. Hold it right there." A new, but calm voice spoke. "Not dead." It was Bruce.

Percy looked between the two Avengers, more confused than ever. "WHAT IS HAPPENING?"

"Calm down, kid." Spoke Bruce, once again.

"Don't you DARE tell me to calm down. Where's Peter?"

"He's in a delicate condition right now. It's best that he's just left alone for a bit."

"No, Percy, you can't see him now." 

"That's too bad that I don't give a shit because I need to see him now. Tin Man here won't even tell me what happened to someone who I called my best friend for years. Now you're gonna tell me that I'm not allowed to even see him when I was just told he's dead? Or, sorry, delicate condition. No, I think not. Sorry, not sorry. Now move before I move you." Percy's eyes were stinging with tears that he refused to let spill over. Gods, it's been forever since he's seen Peter, but how much he cared for him never changed.

Bruce moved in front of Percy's way, blocking the only doorway. Bruce then looked at Tony, who was biting his nail and just nodded at him. Bruce sighed deeply before moving out of Percy's way.

- - -

At first, Percy wasn't quite sure what he was looking at. Peter was lying in bed, in sweats and a tee shirt. Everything seemed normal, or at least okay...

Then Percy looked at his arms. Littered in burns, and thrashes. Percy knows how to decipher a wound from one personally made than the ones by someone else. And this, was not Peter's work. Bruce hurried in after Percy. "What happened?" Percy asked, although he knew it was more likely than not that Bruce himself didn't know.

"I couldn't tell you," Bruce confirmed, "he was just handed off to me. But whatever happened, those marks are all over his arms and back, and if you look on his arms and neck closer, you can see finger imprints. It would be difficult, but we may be able to match them."

"Wait, so he's not dead?" Tony gasped, not taking his eyes off Peter.

"You have eyes, see how he's breathing? He's not dead." Bruce sighed, while grabbing a clipboard and jotting something down. "He's going to be okay, but I doubt he'll tell us anything unless we already have the information. I'm gonna take a few pictures of the prints and see what I can find, if anything."

"No need," Tony sighed, taking his eyes off a Peter only to look down. "I know what happened."