Chapter-5

Date 16 October 2024 Wednesday

Third person pov

On the desk there were a few letters scattered. The owner?.... she seems to be in her dreamland. Let's dive into the latest letter she's penned to her pen pal.

Hey there,

So, I've decided to accept your apology. But hear me out, this is it – no more chances after this one. However, since you're a dear friend, I'm letting it slide. And seriously, stop calling me "chipmunk."

I'm delighted you enjoyed hearing about my grandparents' love story. They truly were pioneers of their time. Nowadays, they're a bit dramatic but in the most entertaining way. Chatting with them is always a blast. Speaking of which, Diwali prep is in full swing here. Our family friends are descending on my village soon, and my grandparents are on a mission to make this Diwali unforgettable. They're buzzing with excitement, more than any kid I know in the village. But, I worry about them overdoing it. Their zest for life is heartwarming, yet their health... it's a concern. Work keeps me away, and the distance makes me miss them even more. I often feel guilty for not spending enough time with them – they deserve so much more.

In their honor, I try to make their wishes come true, embracing the idea that in their golden years, they're simply kids at heart once more.

Switching gears, how did your meeting go? Remember, never sell yourself short. You're incredible just as you are, which is why you're so loved. I might be veering off-topic, but hey, that's just me.

Yawning over here, so I'll wrap it up. Important heads-up - I'll be off the grid for two weeks, so let's catch up after.

And before I nod off, a huge thanks for being the rockstar buddy you are – always there for me.

Love you,
From your chipmunk 😒

That was our sweet Isvari or chipmunk.

---

Let's check in on what the Suryavanshi family is up to now.

Dinner time had rolled around, and like clockwork, the whole family gathered at the dining table, ready to enjoy their meal together. The dinner ritual always began with a prayer, a moment for everyone to express their gratitude to God for blessing them with food on their plates—a blessing, indeed, as not everyone has the fortune of enjoying three meals a day.

"So, Ahil, how was your event?" Aman inquired mid-bite.

"Oh, it was fantastic, Dad. I enjoyed every moment of it. Honestly, I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out," Ahil replied, sharing a broad smile that lit up the room.

"Bhai, did you hear about our Diwali plans from Mumma?" Khanak piped up from her corner of the table.

"Yes, I did told him about it, child, and he is coming with us," Padmini confirmed, her smile as warm as the food on the table.

"You're the best, Bhai," Khanak beamed, leaning over to give Ahil a side hug.

Ahil ruffled her hair affectionately and went back to focusing on his meal.

"Are you guys looking forward to the trip?" Devendra chimed in, glancing at both Ahil and Vivaan.

"Oh, absolutely, Dadu," Vivaan responded with a modest smile.

"You all haven't ever visited them, you know. It's always been your grandma and me. They're a bit upset, feeling neglected because you never seemed to think of visiting all these years," Devendra pointed out.