Chapter 11: Aurelia Charming

𓋼𓍊 𓆏 𓍊𓋼𓍊 — Chapter 11Aurelia Charming

Aurelia Charming

"You—"

Atticus, once more, pulled her from the king before she could wrap her hands around his neck and choke.

The thought startled her back, physically, and she hoped that it merely looked like the aftermath of shock from being hauled into Atticus's hold.

She was suddenly feeling so violent. So fueled by rage so foreign to her that it scared her.

"The king of Tharafel, you mean?" Atticus asked, his voice steady.

More tears clouded Aurelia's vision. "Yes."

"Don't. . .The one from the prophecy?"

A nod.

Though she'd thought it impossible, the king's lips curved into an even broader smile. She could've sworn a little magic twinkled in his gray eyes. "You've been talking about me."

"Don't flatter yourself," she hissed. "I'm not going anywhere with you."

He sighed, pocketing his hands. "Yes, you are."

"You'll have to bind me to take me alive."

"Don't think I won't, Your Highness."

She scoffed. "You dare abuse that title after what you've just done? After the crimes you've committed? You're sicker than I thought."

His eyes turned to slits, unblinking and unmerciful with his stare. "You're angrier than I thought."

She laughed but the sound was so unlike her usual laugh. "You take the person I love and nearly choke him to death and I'm meant to be content with it?"

"So he's not just a friend then," King Archer mocked her. "He's—"

"The love of my life. And I'll be damned if you take him from me."

"First of all, Your Highness," King Archer leaned down and she smelled the strong scent of cinnamon and sandalwood. "The love of your life is also very much unconscious and of no use to me. Why should I even consider taking him with us?"

"Us?" Aurelia's eyes shot open. "We're not going anywhere—I'm not going anywhere with you, ever—"

It didn't take much longer and Atticus had drawn his sword, letting it meet with the king's neck, nicking a little blood. He then growled, "More importantly, you'll have to get through me to take her."

King Archer blinked at him. Always so uninterested, thought Aurelia. "And you are?"

"Her Knight," The sword dug deeper but His Majesty didn't even flinch.

Aurelia swallowed at his response but felt gratitude wash over her easily like the stroke of her mother when she played with her daughter's hair. One moment's relief within hours of unrest and havoc.