My girlfriend starts a fight online.

𝙋𝙀𝙍𝘾𝙔

𝙋𝙀𝙍𝘾𝙔

I needed to consult a trusted adult.

It was not a common thing for us to get out of camp for things other than quests, rations or other emergency situations. Even if we wanted to leave, Mister D would get on our ass and scold us for trying to leave camp and get ourselves in trouble even though we were clearly trying to do things to save their ass. There weren't many campers going missing anymore, but in the 3 weeks that we had been back the tension in the camp had been pretty high with campers taking sides in who they wanted to support.

Oh yeah. Three weeks ago we had returned from a quest to retrieve relics taken from the gods by someone named 'godkiller' (edgy, I'm aware) who turned to be residing as another identity inside one of my friends who had gone on the quest with us. Apparently the 'god killer' wasn't a killer at all, and was actually named Thea. It didn't make the fact that she was supposed to be my half sister, dad's side, any better.

I worried a lot about my friend who was serving as the body Thea was controlling. Y/n, Y/n L/n was her name. Super sweet girl who apparently had no idea about the person in her head. Daughter of Hades, she had gone on the quest because the prophecy had named her as one of the people needed for said quest. We may have misunderstood the part of the prophecy which refers to her, but it was clear she was pretty needed.

Honestly, having an enemy number 1 half sister who was possessing the body of a friend wasn't the best thing for my reputation since people had been giving me strange looks. It didn't bother me at all, but I did feel a little concerned for my other half sister Maliah who had been Y/n's friend since she was 12 or 13. It had only been a week since she had started to emerge from our shared cabin to eat and get some sun, but the rest of the time she'd lay in her bed and cry. I didn't blame her. If I found out my childhood friend was hosted by the evil soul of my half sister, I'd probably cry too.

And now we were searching for them to get them back on track and stop the war they were trying to instigate against the gods.

It wasn't easy to track any of the people who could give us information about the god killer, y/n or even Thea using the type of tech available to Hunter- son of Athena, incredible Technological Intelligence- which had led us to taking the next best option.

An internet café.

It wasn't too close by, which is why Argus had decided to take us there and back to limit any accidents that might be caused by us even though we had sworn to be good kids who didn't speak unless spoken to by a trusted adult. It wasn't our fault that most adults we would meet in the mortal world were probably monsters.

Annabeth sat beside me, cramped up between me and Luke, while Grover sat by the window to get some fresh air while the car drove down the road. The day was fresh, nothing out of the ordinary as the sun peeked through the clouds. My hand was wrapped around Annabeth's, who was working on her tablet to figure something out regarding a modification Asael, son of Hephaestus who had been our team's Bob the builder of sorts, had asked her to help him with. No one said a word, the tension in the car making my ears pop.
Or maybe it was the fact that the pressure around us was fluctuating due to my own mood. Who knew?