Prologue

‧͙⁺˚*・༓༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓༓・*˚⁺‧͙

𝗜𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗼𝗰𝗰𝘂𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗲𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝗦𝗼𝗸𝗰𝗵𝗼-𝘀𝗵𝗶.

The pattering of rain on the glasses felt like a code from the sky itself, a kiss from the sea which was still far away from the house which stood larger than the houses around it. Though not flashy, it stood proud among the smaller cluster of houses with a garden surrounding it. The fence surrounding it was dark, shielding the sanctuary from the world outside.

The rain tapped against the glass, calling for the people in to come

outside- come bask in the chill of it's touch. It's pearly grace traced a path down the blue walls of the house, cleansing the dirt which had accumulated on it due to the development work which had been ongoing nearby. It was a surreal scene, a scene of blessing, a scene of being kissed by a God.

The large sliding door of the ground floor living room was slid open by a woman who kneeled on the floor, her enchanting brown eyes focused on the dark clouds outside which poured their cries onto the earth. Her long hair was tied up in a bun, the pink clutcher holding the thick strands in place to help her take care of herself in the midst of all her work without having to tuck them away every second. She wore a loose baby pink dress with sleeves that went till her elbows, the cloth barely sticking to her body to provide her with a lot of breathing space.

As her eyes fluttered close and she took a deep breath, her lips parted to let her let out the sound she had been holding in for a while. It was one of a deep sigh, a sigh of not knowing what to do in a time of such distress, a time of confusion for the new mother.

...

"Yui."

Her eyes opened as they came in contact with cerulean blue eyes, the man standing in the rain right in front of her. His black hair stuck to his ethereal face, the water rolling down his tan skin like it was placed strategically to radiate his glow even more. The khaki shorts he wore, the flowing coconut trees patterned shirt made the man look like a handsome professional surfer who had decided to tresspass the woman's property.
Yet those eyes, those eyes didn't look like one of a normal mortal. They gazed at the woman, the rain doing nothing to make him look away from her even as she stared back at him with a look of clear hurt.

"Poseidon."

The name rolled out of the woman's tongue like a curse, her heart not pounding at the view of the God. Though she knew it was the act of a fool to not bend her will in front of a man as great as him, she didn't find any ounce of respect for him in her veins. All she saw- was a liar, a man who had been too cowardly to speak the truth and save his own daughter because he was more concerned for his own image.