03: Mistakes and Sorrow

Some scenes in this chapter may be different.

"I....."

After the king of monsters, supposedly known as Asgore, admitted to killing several human children he was taken away for further questioning and possible criminal charges.

Of course, we known it wasn't Asgore the one who broke the barrier, that was Asriel... And Chara.

Asgore wouldn't put his own son, Asriel, at risk by telling the truth about that but he was honest about what he did with the children...

Asgore sat there inside the cell as the guards watched over him.
A tall, female fish-like monster that appears to have a scarlet hair color, along with an eye patch who wore a police uniform stood near the bars as they watched closely, slightly worried as they gripped on their police hat.

Even if that made things more tense between humans and monsters.

Asriel, who seemed a bit upset, rested his arms on the table as he leaned his head on top.

A yellow flower in a small pot, suddenly appeared near him, gracefully landing on the table. He sighed, glancing at Sans.

Frisk knocked on the door of Dr. Gaster's office, and pushing it open. "Dr. Gaster?" Frisk called out.
Therefore, the sudden noise seemed to startle the poor skeleton, accidentally pushing the mug that he always uses to drink coffee with, off the table.

The boy suddenly heard a chair fall, confused and worried, he walked further inside and saw a chair which appeared to have fallen over, with Gaster using a skeletal finger levitate a mug that was inches close to falling and breaking on the floor.. Except for the fact that the coffee spilled. . .

(NOOOOOOOO😭)

The skeleton glanced at Frisk who wasn't really surprised..

"Come back here!"
He heard a familiar voice, while the familiar purple blob, Katy, who was nibbling on a notebook hovered away.

"Oh. Hey, Annie. Thought you were going to leave." Frisk greeted..

"Actually Frisk, Her mom came last night and said if it was alright if she can stay in a few days. They're moving somewhere else apparently. So she will stay until the things in her room are moved, right?" Gaster explained, looking at Annie for confirmation as she nodded.

"Have you found anything about her soul yet?" Frisk murmured.. Wondering as he glanced at Gaster..

"I've been reading all night.. Not even a clue.. However there is an interesting story about a pair of wizards that created the barrier. I'll read that later on.."

The boy just smiled, nodding..

"Frisk. Be careful whenever you go out... Especially if one of us is with you.." Gaster warned him.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I've always noticed the AMD cameras around the city, but they don't move much. However.. Lately, they have been more active than ever.. As if they were looking for something. I'm not telling you to not go out of course.
I know you have to attend Mettaton's first live report today. He would get really angry if you didn't go."

"Yeah. Talking about that." Frisk chuckled, while Annie spoke if she can go with him.

And just like before, Frisk nodded, giving her a thumbs up.

"Ye"

MOMENTS LATER.

The two stood in front of a house, not a few minutes even passed by until Annie asked a question.