Chapter 1

You have always considered yourself average. Sure you have some talent in math. You're good at English literature and speech, and you are a decent conversationalist. As for your looks, you consider yourself decently pretty when you smile. Your friends tell you that when you fix your hair and put on some light makeup you are even beautiful.

You are pretty and well-liked by people. You make many friends but keep only a few very close to your heart. A high council of sorts composed of your dearest and most trusted friends.

So now you wonder why Alexander Dimitri, the most popular guy in your school, a genius, multi-talented, handsome, rich kid is suddenly confessing his love for you. A bouquet of blue roses and baby's breath was presented to you wrapped in lavender paper. The flowers were beautiful and aromatic. The sight alone made you want to take it from his hand and bring it close to your face to take a good whiff. Obviously, they were expensive. Your heart skipped a beat. You had never been confessed to before, and this seemed like a whole new level.

The moment felt surreal. You were only supposed to retrieve your phone because you left it in your classroom so why is the entire place suddenly covered in (favorite color) banners and decorative ornaments? Are you still in your classroom? You read your name in silver balloons in the place that's supposed to be the blackboard that is now covered in layers of (favorite color) curtain and lace.

'Just what is going on here?'

Your eyes finally landed on Dimitri who was looking rather intent. He was handsome you had to admit. His hair was neatly styled, his scent was magnificent, and his clothes were pressed and styled to be presentable. He was perfect.

Too perfect.

'Did he organize all this?'

"Miss (l/n), please go out with me and be my lover for the rest of our youthful days. I will ensure that you will live with dignity, honor, and respect that you deserve along with everything your heart desires." He spoke. His voice was clear, confident, and unwavering. His face was serious. His expression betrays no emotion. You couldn't tell what he was thinking.

Why would he say something so profound to someone he barely talks to? Someone he barely knew? Unless of course, this is a dare his friends put him up on and right now they are currently hiding somewhere taking a video of the two of you alone in this classroom. Right, he's friends with Gideon the master prankster.

You took a look around searching for any signs of a camera. Something subtle, blinking, or anything remotely similar to a surveillance system.

You found none. Of course, you didn't put on a thorough search but still, it doesn't seem to be the case.

"Did your friends put you up to this? If so, I'm sorry darling but I'm not stupid enough to fall for that kind of prank. Better up your game next time." You smiled at him smugly. You are proud of yourself for not falling for something so obvious. You pegged him as a serious kind of guy but it was fascinating that he has some kind of mischievous side to him. You moved to leave but he blocked your way and stopped you.

"I am not playing games. I really like you, (y/n). Please believe me."

"Yes, yes, yes, darling I believe you." You said flatly, rolling your eyes at him. You really like calling people darling. Especially the ones that you don't like that much. It's all in the intonation. The more you dislike a person the more you call them "darling" as a way to tell them that you consider them as nothing but petty misbehaving children. What can I say you like passive-aggressive subtleties.

You fluttered your lashes at him in provocation and smiled poisonously sweet. "To validate your claim please submit your most recent 2x2 picture, police clearance, photocopy of 2 valid IDs, certified true copy of your grades, birth certificate, parents' monthly income, your dog's birth certificate and vaccination confirmation, along with a letter of intent addressed to my mother. Please submit the said requirements tomorrow between 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Thank you." If he's going to make fun of you might as well make fun of him too.