12. Fated to u

Next Morning -

Arnav woke up after a fateful sleep. He needed to go AR. If his father wants him to marry Khushi he needs to know what will happen to his work in the USA. There is so much information gap between them. He took a shower & came down after getting ready. He saw his mother sitting in the living room. She seems bothered by something. He walked towards her & asked, "What happened maa?"
His mother looked at him with troubled eyes & said " I called Gupta house to talk to Khushi. I wanted to take her for engagement shopping as we have very few days left." Arnav looked puzzled by this & asked " So what? Did she already buy her outfit?" He gave a snide remark. His mother slapped his arm & said " No silly. She is not at home. Her mother doesn't know where she is & when she is coming back. " Arnav looked at her astonishingly " What? What does that mean? Where did she go? & Why wouldn't aunty know when she will be back?"
Arnav's mother has no idea about Khushi's profession. As Aatharv never shared with her about Khushi's whereabouts. So she replied " That was my question too. But Garima said She will be back soon. Not to worry. I asked for her phone number. Garima gave it to me but when i called the phone was unreachable. "
Arnav doesn't know what to reply. After coming back nothing is going as he predicted. The most puzzling is Khushi. He couldn't figure out her. As if she is floating in her own world. So he said to his mother " Don't fret about this. She wanted to get married so badly. So she will come to u. U just do what u have to do. " His mother looked at him and said "okay. But where are u going so early morning? "
"I am going to AR. I need to speak to my father about something. "
"Please don't fight with each other when u meet." She begged.
"Your husband is very stubborn. What can i do? But i promise to not to instigate the fight." he replied.
His mother replied, " That's all i wanted. Now come & eat your breakfast. "

Arnav left after eating breakfast. He felt more relaxed. When he reached AR he realized he missed this place. He started working here after finishing College. He learned so many things from here. His father's trustworthy employees taught him basics about business. When he went inside many old employees stopped and greeted him with enthusiasm. He then went to his sister's office. His sister was head of the Main branch. She is one of the best business women he came across. After knocking he entered into the room. His sister looked up & seeing him a broad smile broke out on her face. She came running and hugged him dearly. He laughed watching his sister's antics. "Di u would never change. "
Anjali pinched his chin lovingly & said "Why? U wants me to be as khados as u?" She teased him. Arnav missed her so much. She is like his second mother.
"Di, even if u try u can't be as arrogant as me." Arnav replied teasingly. Anjali started laughing heartily. Arnav then asked about his BIL who is in IFC. So he travels a lot. Being a Diplomat he spends most of his time in his posted country. Anjali & Adi was College class mates. They got married after 8 years of relationship. Arnav knows his BIL loves his sister dearly despite not being able to give her time. Anjali happily replied that he is coming back in few days & he will be in leave for one month after finishing his current consignment. Then he will be posted in another country. Arnav got happy hearing this.

"Di, i am going to meet father now. I have to talk about my future with him. So see u in home. " after hearing this Anjali got sad. She really loves her brother. He is like a son to him. She knows what is happening is somehow bcs of his stubbornness. she wanted to say something but she remembered Adi told her to stay out of it. To let Arnav solve it on his own. She knows Arnav. He will not bend so easily. But she wished he would accept khushi. That girl is so sweet. Most importantly loves him so much. Why everything needs to be complicated?

Arnav then left for his father's office. He saw his father working on some files. He knocked & went inside. He sat down somberly. His father looked at him & asked why he is here. He replied he wanted to talk about how he will handle USA office if he had to live here? His father replied that he wouldn't have to worry. He asked USA office to appoint new CEO there. Arnav got angry & asked "then what should i do? Do u wants me to twirl my finger here & be a dutiful husband for your princess?" His father got angry & said "your attitude won't let u go anywhere. U will be appointed as MD here. U will look after our head quarter & show off the knowledge u gained there." Arnav looked pissed & asked 'then what about my project?" His father said "u would handle it from here. So we can keep an eye on it. "
Arnav replied nothing & stromed off.

In a secret place-

Khushi kept shooting her gun. Her aim is impeccable. She is one of the best shooter of the unit. Last night her boss callled her & asked her to report. So she left without notifying anyone. She isn't worried. Her family knows the norm of her job. She felt happy after coming back here. It's feel like homecoming. Karan looking at her from behind. He really wants to whats on her mind. She looks so troubled. But she wouldn't share anything with him. Walls around her heart is so high sometimes he wishes to kill the person who had hurt her so bad that she is so closed off. Khushi stopped shooting & turned towards him & breezly walk past him saying she needs to go back. Karan suddenly hold her hand from behind & asked her if they could have lunch together. He really missed her & wants to speak with her. Khushi wanted to refuse. But thought better of it. She owes him. So she agreed.
Arnav called Akash & told him to meet him in the cafe across the river. They reached there & sat in a scheduled table. Akash looked at him puzzlingly. He knows there is something bothering Arnav. So he asked "What happened? Why are u looking so bothered? & what was so urgent that u wanted to meet so badly? It's not like u? Arnav then disclosed everything but the information about the predicament by his father & Shashi uncle. Akash loked at him speechlessly. He couldn't believe that finally Arnav- Khushi getting married but at what cost? Arnav then asked him to keep the marriage as secret. As Akash would ask why suddenly his eyes went to front of the cafe. He saw Khushi with a handsome young man. Khushi is wearing a dress. She looked freshly showered & the young guy too. Arnav looked up when he realized Akash has stopped talking. When he saw Akash looking at something he followed his gaze. His whole body started vibrating with anger & some other emotions he had no idea about. He also noticed their freshly showered aroma. That started making him insane. How dare she? Is that why she didn't look so joyful about the marriage? Is that why her phone was switched off?
Khushi blissfully unaware about the situation sat on a table with Karan. & started chit chating. Before Akash could stop him Arnav stromed off towards them. Khushi looked up seeing a shadow near her. She thought it was some waiter. When she saw it was Arnav Khushi felt very uncomfortable. Arnav glared down at her in rage & said "So miss. Gupta u are here? U are blissfully dating your boyfriend that u forgot that u have a brand new fiance?" hearing this Khushi got speechless. She never thought Arnav would say something like this. Khushi glared downed at him & said 'No. I didn't forget. What i do is none of your business. U yourself said that u wouldn't care what i do with my personal time." Arnav knows he was being illogical & he himself said to keep the marriage as a secret but why was he feeling so much rage seeing her with another man?

So what do u think why Arnav got angry? 😉