5.Unavoidable

𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕜 𝕝𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕣

Arnav sitting behind his desk in his posh office in New York. The week was frustrating. He couldn't concentrate on the tasks on hand. His mind is elsewhere. It's costing him money. He stood infront of the big window & stared reminiscing the past. The past from he wants to run away. He remember when he met Khushi. He was only 8 years old & Khushi was 5 years old. She is his father's childhood friend's daughter. When Khushi's family moved from Lucknow to Delhi permanently. They moved beside his house as per their fathers childhood pact. He didn't care about her. Honestly he was in that age whem girls were gross to him. He only wanted to play with boys. She use to follow him around like puppy. He hated it. His friends made fun of because of this. She gradually took over his family then friends. The friends who use to make fun of him turned into her friends. Her clinginess made his life living hell. Insults,prank,or clear cut rude words nothing made her see sense & leave him alone. She use to run around him screaming 'I love u'. It's mortified him to no ends. His friends use to find it so funny. It went for years.

Last nail on the coffin was when their parents announced their engagement without discussing with him & heeding any of his words. Like he had no rights to take decision of his own life. That made him pissed. So he finally took a decision & left the country on his engagement day without anyone's knowledge. This made his father furious. Next two years he didn't talk to Arnav once. After that after his sister's too much efforts he started talking to him & that is also next to nothing. He said more than two words to him in last call than in this six years. & Khushi surprisingly never called him in these years. Not once. Not even messaged him in any social media apps. She use to stalk him continuously in everywhere. But after that incident she became less active in social media. It surprised him to no end.

His daze broke when he heard the knick. He said 'come in.' His right hand man entered. He's looking tense. Arnav became worried & asked 'What's the matter?' Aman replied 'The transition of money is blocked. We need cash to smooth running the project. I already called the bank they said higher authorities ordered to block the account. When i asked why they refused to give me more information stating that it's confidential.' Hearing this Arnav understood that his father is behind this. He maybe Arnav Singh Raizada but his father is Atharv Singh Raizada. He is more powerful. As he promised he stopped the money from transition for his project because he dared to defy him. Arnav asked Aman to leave & also said he will see what can he do. After Aman left he called his father & asked why he is doing this. His father replied 'I am delivering what i promised. U know me. I never back down from my words. If u want to save your so called dream project, come back to India.' Arnav knows there is no escaping this time. He can't stop after coming this far achieving his dream. He said nothing & hang up. He needs to go back to see what drama is going on. He needs to put a stop before this goes to far. He then called Aman & asked him to start preparations to leave for India.

In India Khushi is reading a book. She is bore to death. She feel tempted to call her office & beg them to give her work. Her phone started ringing & she saw Payel is calling. When she picked up payel exclaimed ' Hey, stranger, what are u doing?' Khushi giggled & replied 'Nothing, just trying to read & why are u calling me stranger? When the one who is busy with work & boyfriend is U' Payel laughed & replied 'Wanna meet for lunch? Today i am free.' Khushi readily agreed. But then payel said 'some of our friends will be there too.' Khushi got silent. After that incident she hardly met them. It's not she avoid them, she just doesn't have time also no wish. But not everything can be avoidable forever. So she said 'Okay, meet u all soon.'
After ending the call her cell buzzed again when she picked it up she saw a message from a private number. It says ' Target is coming back soon.'
Reading it Khushi looked out of her window & thought ' Time to face your doom, Khushi. Either it will break or heal me. Only time can tell. But i will need shield to protect my traitor heart.Time to show everyone that i can keep my professional & personal life separated. Be prepared Khushi.'