2. This heart

Khushi Gupta looked at her father's closed study door & sigh. She should get it over with. But she is dreading the impending lecture. She knows her father means well. But whatever he says she won't back down from her decision. No matter what. She knows she is letting her personal feelings take the driving seat but she can't help it. HE is her weakness. She will do anything for him. Her first & only love.
She started to walking towards the door. Suddenly her mother step infront of her out of no where.She nearly got fright.But Khushi Gupta never get scared. Her mother said ' So you decided to grace this house with your presence finally? & here i thought i will get to see you next year. '
Khushi knows her mother is angry. So she said pleadingly ' Mommy u know na i was busy. Don't get angry please. I promise i will be home whole day today.' Hearing that her mother already started to calm down 'i am holding it on you. Now come & have lunch. ' Khushi replied 'No, ma let me discuss something with baba first. I will be back.' He mother just sighed. She knows her daughter is going to talk to her father about work related things & that is definitely confidential. They will never share them with he no matter how much she wants to know. So she replied 'Okay, but make it quick. ' Khushi just smiled & left in hurry. She knocked her father Major General Shashi Gupta's study door. Her father replied from inside 'Come in.' Major Khushi Gupta opened the door & saw her father reading some documents. She saluted him & said 'Target is located, sir.' Her father looked at his daughter & took easy position & said 'That's good. Did u talk to Abinav?' She replied 'Yes, He called me few minutes ago & confirmed that target is coming back to India.'
Her father looked at her for a long moment & said 'Khushi i know u r doing your Job. But as your father i am asking u, Are u sure about the thing u r going to do?' khushi loked at her baba & said ' I know baba what i am doing. The road going to be long a painful but i have to do it. For my country & HIM i have to succeed.' Her father just sighed & said ' He hates you. It's not a hidden fact. U gonna get hurt. U maybe a military officer but your loves for him gonna makes your heart weak. I can't see you get hurt again.' Khushi slightly smiled & replied 'I know baba. But this mission is something only i can do without making him suspicious. I have no expectations from him & I promise i will forget him after completing this project.' Shashi Gupta knows his daughter is bull headed. He just wants to protect his precious angel so much but as a military officers it's their duty to not to back down from challenge. He just wished there was a way to protect his butterfly's fragile heart. Khushi suddenly said ' Baba, i want a promise from everyone. As a part of the mission no one will mention to him that i am a military officer till the mission get finished.' Her father agreed readily & said he will inform everyone about it. Khushi then said Ma is calling them for lunch. They should get going. Shashi told her to go ahead, he is coming. When Khushi left Shashi stared at the picture in his desk. His tiny precious angel taking a huge step in life. He just praying she will still smile whole heatedly after everything.He dreading the sound of her heart breaking. But he can't do anything to avoid it.