Chapter 6 - Hide & Seek

'Okay, we will all spread out,' Namjoon said after he found a map of the manor, 'There are 12 of us here, and four different rooms til the exit door. So three of us should go in one room each. Okay. So, Jennie, Taehyung and Jisoo -- go to the master bedroom. It's the immediate room to the right of the entry door. Jin, me and Yoongi  will go to the living room. It's pretty huge so the doll and the key might be there. Chaeyoung, Jimin and Hoseok -- go to the kitchen and the laundry room. Both of them are pretty small that's why I gave you two rooms. Mishil, Jungkook and Lisa will visit the... motor room...?? There's something like that here?'

He looked around. No one had any answer. They were just staring into space.

'Okay never mind. You all got your teams right? Now spread out!'

All of them were going about here and there till they grouped up with their teams. Then they all went to their respective rooms. Me, Jungkook and Lisa went into the motor room.

We went inside the motor room, and I can see why it was called that. At the corner of the room there is a huge machine, with a pressure detector and a huge pipe, which was coiled like a snake on the ground. Almost like a vaccum cleaner, except bigger.

'Do you see that?' Jungkook said and went towards it.

'Yes I see that. I'm not blind,' I said and also went towards it.

'Wait, if one of us accidentally turns that thing on, it's gonna create noise. So it's best to stay away and look elsewhere,' says Lisa. She really can make sense sometimes.

'You're right--' I began to say but got interrupted by Jungkook.

'Oh relax. Nothing's gonna happen. Even if it does, we'll handle it--' as he said that, he was waving his hands in the air to exaggerate the expression. But one of those hands hit a lever, and now the motor's on.

'This is what I said' said Lisa while facepalming

The pipe was shaking a bit. Then the pressure sensor hit the peak of 500, and the pipe started to shoot upwards.

'Oh shit. Hold it!' I said. 

Jungkook tried to grab onto it, but it moved around and hit his head instead. 

'Oof that must've hurt,' I said, but my karma was met as it hit my elbow as I tried to block it off.

'That must've hurt,' said Jungkook with a victory smile.

Finally, after a few seconds of the pipe dancing, Lisa finally managed to grab it, and kept the pipe secured under her shoulder. But she couldn't control the movement of the pipe as it was so strong and the pressure was so high. 

The pipe was moving about in her arms, and whatever she pointed at, the pressure would pull it towards and smash it on the ground, creating a loud noise.

'Oh shit, this is definitely gonna call the ghost'

"I will find you," said a child voice from a distance, but the distance was nearing.

'Give the pipe to me and hide somewhere,' I said and received it, but it still wouldn't stop moving here and there. I looked around the room and saw a fireplace, and on top of that I saw a metal plate. Great.

I pointed the open end of the pipe towards the plate and it sucked it in, but the plate closed off the open mouth of the pipe, so it does not create any more nuisance.

I sighed in relief. I looked around me. Seems like Jungkook and Lisa were already hiding.

I heard the voice of the child ghost again. "I will find you," she said in a sing-songy voice. 

My instant reflex was to hide behind the motor. Stupid, but can save my life. Or so I think.

I saw the child ghost enter the room. She was floating, her feet hanging around 30 metres above the ground. She looked around and spotted the slightly moving pipe, which was now closed off with the metal plate.

Speaking of the pipe, I followed the extension of the pipe, and it connected to the lever, which Jungkook had turned on. 

Oh my god, how stupid I was. I could've just turned off the lever instead of calling the child ghost here.

I reached my hand out to the lever slowly and turned it off. That whirring sound coming from the pipe has faded. The pressure sensor returned to zero. The metal plate was now thrown away from the open end of the pipe. It was now all silent again. Creepily silent.

Through a little gap in between, I saw the child ghost heading towards the door. 

Thank god, she's leaving.

As she neared the door, I saw something on the back of the child ghost. 

It was a doll...

...strapped on the back of the ghost like a backpack.