Chapter 2 (getting to know her)

After standing there for a while, in front of the door, you decided to knock.

« Are you okay in there Scarlett » you asked with worry in you voice.

« Yeah I'm fine » she said, you could hear that she had been crying.

« You don't sound fine, no offence »

Scarlett stayed silent. You thought you had messed up saying that.

« Do you want to come watch a movie? » you said to break the tension.

« Sure » she said opening the door and walking out.

You saw her red puffy eyes and furrowed your eyebrows. You were so curious about what had happened to her but since you barely knew her, you didn't want to invade her privacy.

You both walked down a few flights of stairs and started browsing through a few shows on Netflix, as well as on other apps.

Then you broke the silence, saying « Do you want to watch a specific movie? »

« Anything is fine, i haven't really had time to go on streaming platforms lately. » she replied her eyes watering.

You didn't want to put her in a more uncomfortable position. She looked broken. On top of that, she was in a stranger's house. To you it was normal, since you lived in a secluded area, and you ran into this problem often. Though from what you could gather, she was from a big city.

While browsing on Apple TV , you saw the series lost in space. You had watched it a few years back, though you didn't remember anything except how good it was.

« Have you watched the series lost in space ? »

« No, have you? »

« Yeah, a couple of years ago, it was good. » you affirmed.

« Great! Let's watch it. »

—time skip—

You were now three episodes in. You looked over to Scarlett, she looked so peaceful. She had her head next to your legs. You felt your eyes get heavy. You didn't know what to do: Bring her up to her room or let her sleep her alone, which would be mean or sleep here with her. You thought that the last option was the most civil one. You got in a comfortable position, not too far from her, but not too close. By the end of the fourth episode, you had already fallen asleep.

—time skip—

You woke up and felt very relaxed and at ease. After a few seconds, your senses started coming back to you. You could feel a pressure on your legs. You looked over and saw a beautiful woman laying on your legs. Not knowing how to get out of this position you just grabbed your phone and saw the time. It was nine thirty. Panic rushed over your body, you had overslept, you thought. Then you realized your stupidity. It was now Saturday. You felt so relieved. To let the time pass, you put your jazz playlist (sorry if you don't like jazz). You felt like this type of music helped you calm down and loose track of time.

After a few minutes, you got up and went up to the kitchen and baked eggs, bacon, smoothie, and crepes.

Thirty minutes later, Scarlett came up with a bright smile. You stared at her northern lights like eyes (cuz they're green) for a second then went back to setting the table up. She sat down and watched you. You could hear the music upstairs too, since you had connected a speaker to the music. You were slightly dancing, feeling the music, but not excessively. She chuckled at your action. When you were done, you sat across from her.