chapter 2

My eyes flew open, my breathing frantic. I tried to sit up but pain over powered me, I felt hot, dizzy and sweaty.
"Please don't sit up." A low voice whispered from the corner of the room. Him.
"You tried to kill me!" I spat trying once again to sit up by myself
He didn't say anything for a moment
"I went too deep, you needed stitches." He spoke delicately and dare I say he showed some empathy.
He stood up and walked over to me, kneeling down at my bedside.

" Please help me up." I begged, I just wanted to stand.
To my suprise he slid his arms under my back and knees and scooped me up into his arms, effortlessly and gracefully. He carried me into house lounge, the house immaculate and tidy, he gently lifted me down onto his couch, ensuring I was well nested.
He sat down next to me, and rolled up his sleeves, inked designs covered his arms and hands he truly was gorgeous.

He paused for moment before he turned on the TV, that's when I saw the headlines...and a picture of me.

We are sorry to announce that the body found in Rockwell park was that of missing persons Lea Miller, a well known woman in the community. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.

I froze as my eyes began to fill with tears, overflowing and falling down my face. I was dead. Everyone I knew and loved thought I was dead. My head snapped to look over at him, his eyes fixed to the floor.
I put my fingers up to my neck, desperate to find a pulse. I sighed in relief finding it.

"Don't worry, you're alive." He said

"You faked my death, everyone thinks I'm dead." I started to cry again, but this time out of anger. I didn't know wether to ask why or just try and over power him.  To my suprise he got down on his knees infront of me.

"Lea, there were some horrible people after you, I had to make it look like I got to you first. Like I did my job-"

"Your job!?!" I shouted interrupting him he swallowed and nodded slowly.

"I came here to kill you, some very powerful people needed me to, I stalked you like prey, I tried to lure you away but I started to enjoy seeing your smile everyday. The feeling to protect you grew stronger everyday and every time I tried, I failed." How speech left me in silence.
I couldn't drop the feeling of anger but the thought of him protecting me gave me a glimpse of hope.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore." I whispered "it hurts." He looked up at me.

"I know it hurts but it will get better." He tried to comfort me but I was talking about the burning on my neck.

"No Andrew it hurts." I cried he immediately stood up and carefully removed the dressing, gentle and soft with his touch.
He moved his hand and noticed some blood on his fingers, he froze staring at them.
He started breathing low and slow slowly looking up at me.
"Lea." He said softly, tucking a hair behind my ear.
He cleaned me up and then left the room.

He appeared a short while later and scooped me back up, pressing me against his cold chest, I wanted to be angry at him, i wanted to hate him but no matter how much i thought about it, he must of meant well.
He gracefully put me on my feet, holding me up. He had brought me to the bathroom, lit with candles, flickering against the sage walls, a bath over flowing with suds and rose scented bubbles.
He turned around and allowed me to strip down with privacy, he even closed house eyes whilst helping me into the hot bath and with that he left.

A while later I was freshly bathed, wound re dressed and Andrew nowhere to be seen, I sighed and opened the fridge finding a punnet of strawberries, I grabbed them and indulged- curling up on house couch. I decided it would be a good idea too watch Dracula. That would give me a good insight.

"Is that what you think vampires are like?" He chuckled entering the room I switched it off, cheeks glowing red.

" How did you guess?" He smiled sitting down beside me, I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe the dead bodies, your cold skin, dead eyes. Or the fact you tore a chunk out of my neck with your teeth." I laughed pointing at my neck.

"I'm hurt. I do not have dead eyes." He said acting offended we laughed with each other for a moment finding peace in his presence.  It was strange. He tried to kill me but also saved my life?

"Andrew?" I asked softly allowing my intrusive thoughts to win he turned to me giving me house undivided attention.

"How do I taste?" I asked with morbid curiosity he swallowed maybe unsure on how to proceed.

"Smooth, rich and addictive." He said through a raspy tone. I inhaled audibly and crawled over him placing myself in his lap.
He seemed confused by my movements before he pieced the puzzle together he shook his head

" Lea. No." His stern voice called, I ignored his demands and tangled my fingers in his long black hair pulling his face into my neck, his breathing grew deeper as did my need for this.

"Andy please." I pleaded and with that he wrapped one arm around me, keeping me in my place.
He paused, I felt his fangs trace along my veins. "please." I whispered and with that he sank his fangs deep into my neck, I groaned at the sensation my hand forming a fist in his hair pulling him closer to me. It burned like hell and jesus did it hurt.
He pulled me tighter as he fed from me, his free hand gripping into my thigh tightly. I bit down on my lip to stop myself from screaming.
He stopped after a couple of minutes, he sat there almost panting, his tongue gliding over my fresh wounds, the stinging going away.

"Jesus." He groaned looking at me, his baby blues thanking me.

" I know." I said breathlessly, he stayed staring at me for a few moments before talking again.

" Why did you do that? After what I've done to you, you remain so selfless. I don't know who would want to hurt you." He said rubbing my thumb with his finger. I looked around his clean lounge

" Who wanted me dead?" I asked curiously, yawning loudly. He smiled and helped me stand up pulling me closer to his body ensuring I didn't fall.

" You need some rest lea." He purred, softly putting me into bed, he tucked me in, and poured a glass of water.

"Thank you Andrew." I said quietly as he turned off the light. He looked back at me smiling and closed the door after whispering

"Call me Andy. I like it."