A Very Frosty Christmas

Sorry about the wait... I've had a billion birthdays this week (including mine, cheers to sixteen😝) and a gazillion tests but I promise I made up for it in this chapter😁
———————————————————

"Mattheo... Harry... Y/n..." Mcgonagall sighs deeply as the three of us stand shoulder to shoulder in front of her, me between the two boys.

The one to my left was still sporting a bloodied nose with an added black eye and more than a few bruises.

And my boyfriend to my right had a busted lip and the same bloodied nose as the Slytherin. Seems as though Mattheo has a standard procedure for his victims, I think, recalling Ron looking the same after encountering him.

"Mattheo... Harry... Y/n..." Mcgonagall repeats, slower and with an even heavier sigh, if that were possible.

Mattheo groans, "Yeah, yeah, detention. We know the drill—"

"See!" Harry interjects, "How he is speaking to a teacher like that, I don't know—"

"Oh, stop being such a priss—"

"Thank you!" Mcgonagall says over the two boys bickering. "Thank you very much. That is quite enough."

"Now..." she continues after a pause, "do I want to know how this happened?"

McGonagall's stern gaze shifts from Harry to Mattheo and then to me, waiting for an explanation.

She received no response.

"I'm waiting," she says, her tone firm.

Still nothing; the three of us continued to stare at our shoes.

"Alright then... I'll name," she begins, "Y/n? Seeing as though you're untouched, I think that your account of the situation would be most accurate, yes?"

I hesitate, and awkwardly clear my throat. "We were just having a conversation, Professor... Things got a bit heated, is all."

Mcgonagall raised an eyebrow, looking unconvinced. "Heated enough to come to blows?"

I exchanged a glance with both Mattheo and Harry, silently pleading with them to keep their mouths shut. But of course, neither of them listened.

"He started it," Harry scoffs, shooting a pointed look at Mattheo.

Mattheo scoffed. "You're the one who attacked me!"

"You told me to hit you—!"

"That's enough, both of you," Mcgonagall says again, pinching the bridge of her nose. "I will not tolerate this kind of behavior within my house."

"I know, Professor," I said quickly, "And we're sorry. It won't happen again."

Knowing that that was very likely a lie.

She looks to the two boys, clearly having anticipated an apology from them as opposed to me.

"Sorry," they both mumbled over each other. Mattheo rolls his eyes, but wisely holds his tongue this time.

Mcgonagall's expression softened slightly at the words. "Very well. Detention for both of you boys. After the holidays, of course. And thirty points from Gryffindor, Harry..."

He opens his mouth to protest but McGonagall gets word out first, "I'm not sure how Slytherin works, Mattheo... But Professor Snape was asked to join us here..."

"He'll see to my punishment, Professor," Mattheo reassures with a slight smile on his face, hinting that he knew Snape would do no such thing.

"And you will not be returning to Professor Slughorn's party. Straight to your dormitories... And have a good Christmas," the Professor adds reluctantly.