Harry Potter's Girlfriend Cancelled Practice

(I'll probably change the chapter name when i think of something haha)

(edit: its changed)

"Katie Bell, huh?" Mattheo says as he
approached Ginny and I during my prefect duty on the corridor at break.

"Yeah," I say as both Ginny and I turned to face him. We'd been standing on one side of the corridor.

"She's still at St. Mungo's, right?" Ginny asked.

I nod, "As far as I know."

"Some people are saying her eyes turned green and she started hissing—"

"They're talking crap," I interject him.

"I dunno, man," he replies, "Weird shit happens here all the time. Like that freak Moaning Myrtle who floods the bathroom if you look at her funny."

I raise an eyebrow, "How do you know that? Myrtle stays in the girls bathroom?"

"Besides the fact that everyone knows that..." he says, "That's the place to go for some privacy if you know what I mean."

Unfortunately, we did.

"Yeah," Ginny says, going back to the point, "but that's Moaning Myrtle. Katie's a different story. You heard the whole thing with the necklace. It was dark magic, not some ghost with a grudge."

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger," Mattheo shrugs, and just as he does, he sticks out a foot and trips a first year. I gasp and scramble to help him up.

"Mattheo!" I say through gritted teeth as he laughed at the poor kid.

"Oh, he knows I'm just messing with him," he laughs and pats the little boy on the shoulder, "don't you?"

The boy looked around at our three faces nervously before nodding slightly.

"Here," Mattheo tossed the bespectacled boy a galleon, "for your trouble."

The boy's expression immediately flipped and he ran off smiling bright as day.

"Surely," I sigh, "it can't still be funny the thousandth time round."

"Unfortunately," Mattheo smiled "it is."

I'd wanted to make a comment on him just handing out money as if it were nothing, but bit my tongue upon remembering the Weasley beside me.

Ginny suddenly beamed, "There's Dean! I'll see you lot later?"

And without waiting for a response, she ran off to Dean across the corridor.

"They official?" Mattheo asks.

"Mhm."

"Girl has a type," he smiles, "First it was Blaise last year at the parties... Just saying."

"Matt!" We both stood laughing for the better half of a minute, until I'd footsteps approaching.

"Hi, love," I hear Harry's voice and freeze. A moment later I felt his arm wrap around my shoulder as he kisses the side of my head.

"Mind if I stay?" he adds, smiling abnormally widely. "Never had the pleasure of really getting to know your friend... or rather, ex? Never thought I'd need to."

Fuck.

Mattheo also looked to be silenced. This was the exact scenario I'd been afraid of.

"So, 'Matt'," Harry spat, "what's so funny?"

Mattheo shrugs, "Made a joke."

Harry's expression didn't change as he stared at the Slytherin.