School

DANS POV

I pull my bag over my shoulder and walk into the classroom, it smells like wet leather shoes and plastic. Charming. I pull up a chair and sit at Miss Whish's desk. I pull out my notebooks and pretend to be her. This awards me a few laughs from the people in the class. It's not that I don't like Miss Whish, I do. (I think that everyone does) She is nice and she gives you gold stars, like in Kindergarten. I feel sorry for her though, because she has a weird voice that is so easy to make fun of.

"Daniel" A voice scolds. I know who it is, all too well, Phillip Lester. I sit next to him in Mrs Whish's class; Extension Media Studies. We sit at the front row because thats where the teacher assigned us to sit. I didn't even know him before this class, but we're good mates.

"Phillip?" I answer back in Miss Whish's airy tone. "What can I help you with?"

"Well, you can sit down right now. I need to copy the homework off you before the teacher comes" he says to me slightly urgently

"Well, my friend. It seems that we are in trouble as that's what I intended doing to you" I laugh

"Well shit" He says, he isn't much for swearing, so this takes me by surprise.

I pull my chair out next to him and smile. I don't quite understand why, but I always smile when I sit down next to Phillip. I sigh and take out my notebooks and computer. I organise them neatly and symmetrically. Phillip does the same but he just plops them on his desk, leaving them all messed up and bugging my eyes. The inly thing I'm picky about is symmetry of things on my desk.

"I will not stand for this, Phillip" I say regarding the order of his desk

"Well, its sure lucky that your sitting down" he remarks.

 I wrestle him and organise the things on his desk. He sighs and gives up. I return my attention to Miss Whish who has just walked in the door, but out of the corner of my eye I can see Phillip shift his pencil case to the side slightly. I laugh silently and return my attention to the writing on the board.