Chapter 18: Start of a New Season

~Natalie~

I took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air. The crisp air whipped around me, making the little fly-aways from my braid tickle my face. I could no longer see my breath when I breathed out which I know means that Spring is here and I couldn't be more excited.

While I loved Fall, I think my favorite season was Spring. Everything is new and just starting to bloom.

I looked into the parking lot, where I sat waiting on the front steps of the diner for E. There were still small piles of dirty snow along the road and parking lot, but with what I heard the weather was going to be like this week, I highly doubt they'll be there for long.

I smiled seeing E's car pull in and rolled right up to the stairs.

"Hey, was I too long?" E asked, as I got in and then leaned over the center console to kiss him.

"Nope. How was practice?"

E chuckled. "It wasn't practice, exactly. It was the first meeting since last season ended. But it did go well. Guess who got captain?"

"I knew you would." I said with a proud grin.

E nodded. "Yeah. It was pretty unanimous."

"Do you have an official practice schedule now?" I asked as E pulled out onto the main road

"Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school until five. Then games will be on Saturdays." E said.

I giggled. "Well if you're up for it I still need rides?"

E took my hand and kissed the back of it, without looking away from the road. "Of course."

Once we got to my house he parked the car.

"Did you want to stay for dinner?" I asked. "Nate has been cooking a lot more lately. He seems more like himself finally."

"I'll never pass down food." E said with a wide grin.

I got out of the car, but as he was getting out on his side I grabbed him and pushed him against the car, closing the door. I smirked at his shocked expression and ran my hand up his chest.

"What are you doing, you little tease?" He said, after recovering from his shock. A hungry grin now on his face.

I bit my lip and looked up at him. His face fell and was replaced with a moan as I ran my hand down his stomach to the top of his jeans.

I giggled and pulled away from him, but this time he pulled me back and captured my lips. His tongue found its way to mine and they danced for a bit. Heat from between my thighs began to build as I ran my fingers through his hair as he pressed me closer to him.

"I fucking love you." He whispered softly, but without opening his eyes.

I leaned in, giving him one last kiss and then fully pulled away from him. E took my hand again as we walked up to the front door. Once we entered, the house smelled amazing. I smiled seeing Haley and Nate in the kitchen, but I noticed a third over by the stove.

"Mary!" I exclaimed, running over to my friend.

She smiled and hugged me back, I completely ignored my siblings for the time being.

"I'm so happy to see you." I said. "Sarah said you were on some kind of family emergency trip?"

Mary sighed. "Yeah a family member that I had no ties to, other than blood, died. My mom and dad are still up there, but I begged to come back down."

"I'm so sorry." I said in a sad tone as I felt little arms wrap around my leg.

"Natalie, we're making potato soup." Haley smiled up at me.