Chapter 18 - A Prince and a Snappy Sister

The minute Agatha caught her breath, she was up and running - well, limping. Agatha's leg had been injured where the gargoyle had grabbed it in its iron grip and the stone claws had left a few cuts, some of which were bleeding. Undeterred, she plowed on, skimming over the doors for signs of Sophie until her eyes landed on the last one. Agatha's mind turned to the worst when she saw the door grafittied with a caricture of a blond princess with painted slurs of "LOSER", "READER" and "EVER-LOVER" on top.

She knocked. Hard. "Sophie, it's me!" Tedros panicked when he saw doors begin to open and quickly went after Agatha. "Agatha, I don't think it's wise-"

Agatha ignored him, pounding harder. "Sophie!" Black-robed girls began to emerge from their rooms as she jiggled the door handle and shoved at the door frame in vain. Pushing Agatha behind him, Tedros grabbed her hand as threw himself against the defaced door, the door slamming shut as fast as it swung open.

As soon as they were in there, Agatha barged in front of Tedros. "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE WENT THROUGH TO GET HE-" She stopped.

Instead of tied up, beaten to death or even possibly crying at ending up in the wrong school as Agatha imagined, Sophie was quite all right. Agatha had snuck out of the School for Good twice, both times ending in near disaster, the first time being chased by a hoard of fairies and the second time being chased by a hoard of wolves and almost getting killed by some gargoyles.

So to see Sophie crouched down over a puddle of water on the floor, singing to herself as she calmly (almost happily in a sense) applied blush in her reflection, really set something off in Agatha.

"I'm a pretty princess, sweet as a pea,

waiting for my Prince to marry me..."

Three bunk mates and three rats watched all stood on the bed furthest away from Sophie, mouths open in shock.

So much so that the witches barely batted an eye at the stuck-up Prince who was stood in the corner of the room.

Hester looked up at Agatha. "She flooded our floor."

"To do her makeup." Said Anadil.

"Whoever thought of anything so Evil?" Dot grimaced. "Song included."

"Is my face even?" Sophie said, not sensing Agatha's anger or surprisingly enough Tedros. Her eyes shifted. "I can't go to class looking like a clown." Her eyes shifted. "Agatha, darling! You finally came to your senses!

"But I didn't expect there to be a 'we' in here." Sophie looked up and gasped.

"Oh Aggie, why didn't you introduce us when you took the trouble to bring my Prince all the way over here."

Tedros looked like prey as Sophie's eyes landed on him.

"Oh, how lovely Agatha! You really outdid yourself. Not only do you rescue me from this odious place and the people here." With this, Sophie cast a dirty look to the Witches which was gladly reciprocated back. She turns to them, her gold hair spinning in the light. "But you also deliver my Prince to me so we can go to the School for Good together!" She took a step towards him - 

Agatha steps in between them.

"You're not going to class darling," Agatha said, turning red. Her hand came up to her neck and Tedros noticed it was to hide the rash that appeared whenever she grew nervous, angry or in this case both. Regardless, he remained silent, knowing that the sisters needed to talk to each other without him (or even the witches) butting in.

"We're going to the School Master's Tower right now before we're stuck here forever!" Agatha continued. "Listen Sophie, there's something awful I saw that's gonna happen to Gaval-"