Brindrs Rambilings 1

In an old growth forest, away from battle, in old scars of earth, Brindr forms to become whole again. Fate still needs him for a purpose neither of them know.

Oh boy, she didn't like that, if it was possible for a god to be your mother then i'm sure Fate would fit the bill. The first time I died it was murder, I was simply too weak to handle being infected by Void's darkness. In hindsight i'm thankful I didn't get fully infected, even if i didn't die I doubt the darkness would've been able to do much to me, but in the end it remains a scar instead of an infection.
Now there's this. Last time it simply felt like a wound was healed. I woke up in a random crater away from the original battle, and it feels like all the aches of a decades smithing are gone. I guess she was right about the whole "reconstructing a body is far more difficult than just getting rid of a stab wound"
Or "Don't blame me if you look like a different person"
I can't say I look much different from this view, clearly my clothes haven't changed, even if almost burnt to tatters.

I assume those haven't changed. Wouldn't be surprised if they survived the explosion. I'll have to go back to my workshop and gather the most valuable materials, return to my old spot for a bit.
This whole ordeal has been exhausting, so many things changed, so many paths diverted, and yet the result was still the same. Not even Fate herself knew why everything turned out the way it is, or at least she tells me so. Where am I? The surroundings are familiar. When have I last been here? Damn, I really did get placed far from the battlefield, why was I sent to these old woods?

A bunch of us used to train here, Sven and Azul especially had their outings here often. Was there something I should find here, Lady of Luck?
The trees have grown, but the marks and burns of stray fire and blade still stain the bark. There is nothing more than memories here now, and I need to find out what happened to the others.
Peace may have already met his fate, I've read as much. How long have I been dead? A few days? Everyone else will be okay as far as I know, didn't get to see anything on War, I just hope he'll be unscathed. Life however-
I may have been able to save him from death but I doubt he is going to be alright.

I hope they can forgive me, the world will be better during a time they'll be unable to experience.
Leaving behind the old forest, the sun finally shows its position in the sky. Early afternoon it is, plenty of time left. Brindr makes his way backwards, that hiding spot is around here somewhere, just gotta remember where. The crags and nooks of the mountains look similar, and they all contain secrets. An old forge is the destination, an eroded cavity of earth well suited for quiet practice.

There, found it. This old place. The ore is still plentiful, but things need to be cleaned. The lava pit seems to have expanded a bit, ill get some deepslate or other better heat resistant material to border it off. Good to know the door mechanism still works, might need an upgrade though, I can build something better.

I can finally see my reflection, I sure do look like a corpse don't I? Maybe it'll be temporary, if not I can just find a way to change how I look. Stark silver hair takes over the original sky blue, streaks of darkness and lapis left at the tips. Everything's still fuzzy out of my scarred eye, and the other has changed, clearly another sign of darkness. If being resurrected once in front of everyone in town was enough to start rumors then my current self is enough to stir more.

I'll retrieve all the necessary items and tools I need from my shop, leave the finished weapons for others. The sun sets soon, I'll clean the place till then. I need to find a way to pull myself back up in the eyes of everyone outside, they already fear and even hate Blue Steves. My case won't be of any help to that.