"7"

{Andresia ivanova devereux }

I found myself gazing around the room in a state of awe, my eyes drawn to the regal red curtains that allowed a soft, ethereal light to filter through the grand window.

The room exuded an air of sophistication and elegance, with intricately decorated walls and a ceiling adorned with exquisite carvings. Countless portraits adorned the walls, each one a testament to the rich history and grandeur of the space.

Lush greenery plants added a touch of natural beauty to the otherwise dark room, their leaves shimmering in the dim sunlight that bathed the room in a warm, golden glow.

It was as if I had stepped into a scene from a bygone era, where luxury and opulence reigned supreme.

Damn

Alas, it came to pass that my beloved aunt valiantly waged a fierce battle for her very existence within the sterile confines of the hospital, and behold, she now finds herself on the arduous road to recovery.

Despite my fervent desire to linger by her bedside, my cousin, the devoted daughter of our ailing matriarch, implored me to depart for the solace of my own dwelling to seek respite after a day fraught with exhaustion.

The profound depth of her filial devotion to her mother served as a poignant reflection, prompting me to reflect upon the cherished bond I share with my own dear mother, a bond that is as enduring as it is unbreakable.

my mother departed from this world when I was but a mere child of six years, leaving an indelible mark upon my tender heart.

The profound loss of her presence lingered within me, a haunting specter that I could not easily dispel. Even now, I find myself yearning for her, longing for the warmth of her embrace and the sound of her gentle voice.

In my innocence, I was unaware of the dangers that surrounded me, the ominous echoes of gunshots that pierced the air.

It was only in hindsight that I came to understand the perilous nature of my father's occupation as a member of the clandestine underworld, a revelation that shed light on the sacrifices my mother made to shield me from harm.

In a quaint suburban home, nestled in the heart of a bustling city, a six-year-old girl named Andresia played innocently with her toys, unaware of the dark secrets that lurked within her own family.

Her mother, Emily, watched over her with a fierce protectiveness, shielding her from the harsh realities of the world outside their door.

Little did Andresia know that her father, Ace quinzole , was a powerful mafia boss, his enemies closing in on him with vengeance in their hearts.

As the sun began to set, a sudden commotion erupted outside their home, the sound of screeching tires and shattering glass piercing the peaceful evening air.

Emily's heart raced with fear as she rushed to the window, her eyes widening in terror at the sight of armed men storming towards their front door.

She knew that their peaceful existence was about to be shattered, and she had to do everything in her power to protect her precious daughter.

"Andre, sweetheart, we need to hide," Emily whispered urgently, her voice trembling with fear as she scooped up her daughter and led her to a small closet in the corner of the room.

Andresia's eyes widened in confusion, her innocent mind unable to comprehend the danger that surrounded them.

"Mama, what's happening?" She asked, her voice filled with fear as she clung to her mother's trembling form.

Emily's heart broke at the sight of her daughter's frightened face, her own eyes brimming with tears as she tried to reassure her.

"It's going to be okay, sweetheart. Mama will protect you, no matter what," Emily whispered, her voice filled with a fierce determination as she held her daughter close, her heart pounding with fear for what was to come.

As the sound of gunfire echoed through the house, Emily's worst fears were realized. The enemies of her husband had found them, and they would stop at nothing to exact their revenge.

With a heavy heart, Emily knew that she had to do the unthinkable to protect her daughter.

"Mama loves you, . Remember that always," Emily whispered, her voice filled with love as she pressed a kiss to her daughter's forehead before stepping out of the closet, facing the danger head-on.

The sound of gunfire filled the air, mingled with Andresia's terrified screams as she watched in horror as her mother bravely stood her ground, shielding her from harm.

And in that moment, Emily's sacrifice was made, her life taken in a blaze of gunfire as she fell to the ground, her eyes filled with love for her daughter.

As the little girls cries filled the air, the enemies of her father fled into the night, leaving behind them

A shattered family and a young girl who would forever be haunted by the memory of her mother's sacrifice.