Four

Mitch's POV

At math class, Joe and I were getting along pretty well. We both talked about our interests and important topics. By important, I mean talking about dumb things. I learned that he wanted to be an archaeologist ever since when he was little and his favorite animal is a penguin. Very interesting.

When class ended, we both went to the next class as we have the last class together. As we got to the class, we sat down and started chatting away. The teacher wasn't even here yet so the class messed around a bit. And yes, I do mean a bit. They must of been a little more mature over the summer or something.

But then I saw him again. It was Jerome. He wasn't with anyone or at least I didn't think he was with anyone.

Mitch you're fucked. He's here. Run.

I ignored what the voice said because I can't skip the class. Education is important but I still don't know what to do in life.

Jerome glanced at me but then look away quickly. He sat a few desks away from me which I was thankful for. I'm glad he isn't near me. I would of been dead for sure. I looked back at Joe and saw that he was looking at the window. I thought the trees and bright green grass was nice until I saw what he was actually looking at.

It was two groups of people playing soccer. Was he into soccer or something? Maybe he wanted to join the team. But he was actually looking at one of the players. Caspar Lee.
Before I could react, the teacher came in and quiet down the class. He introduced himself as Mr Adams and told us the rules and other things.

I wasn't really paying attention until he said that we have to introduce ourselves one at a time. I groaned as well as the other kids. I mean, this is highschool. Not second grade.

As a lot of people introduced themselves, it was my turn. My heart was beating when Joe finished introducing himself. He seemed scared as I am. But I was more scared. We had to say our name and tell something about us. I sighed and stood up and looked over the people who were looking at me, probably thinking who the hell am I.

"Uh I'm Mitch and I like playing video games," I said quickly and sat down. I sighed of relief. I was finally finished. It was honestly a huge accomplishment for me.

Mitch it was no big deal. Stop being a wuss.

The voice was correct. I need to stop being afraid of the little things.
Then it was Jerome's turn. Some people started smiling and quietly cheering for him. Me in the other hand was groaning. I wasn't happy to see his face again.
"I'm Jerome and I like sports."

No shit Sherlock we know that shit, I thought to myself.

After a bunch of people finished introducing we started working on history. As I was listening and taking notes on my red notebook, I felt like someone was staring at me. I knew it wasn't Joe because he was asking a question. I looked up and to the right to see that it was the one and only Jerome. He noticed that I knew he was staring at me and then he started blushing and went back to his notes. I blushed as well and in excitement. It's not an every day thing where a boy is staring at you. Especially for me.

Isn't that the guy who was harsh on you earlier? You're not falling for him aren't you?

Falling for him? No fucking way. He's a jerk and an idiot. Why would I fall for him? He was harsh on me earlier so why I would fall for him? Plus doesn't he have all the girls? And he's fucking straight so nope.

After a while the bell ringed and I was so excited to go home. I can finally be on my computer and ignore reality. But then I'd have to deal with my family annoying me. Especially since this is the first day of school. They're probably going to be asking me a million questions.