-2-

The rain was constantly pattering on Chans windshield.
He furrowed his brows, taking a hand off the steering wheel and looking at his phone.
18:32 pm.
Chan couldn't remember that rain was forecasted today. He sighed. Rain was not good at all. It could ruin the pictures that he wanted to take of the landscape.
Chan shifted his gaze his back on the road, staring at the patterns that his Headlights were drawing onto the highway. He was completely alone. Far, far away he could barely see faint lights of some town.
Chan started tapping his knuckles against the steering wheel, nervous.
What if his car broke down now?
——
The only thing that Chan wasn't expecting now was another person.
But there he was. A figure on a motorcycle, right in front of him.
The person was clothed in black leather with red stripes along the back. The black helmet was fully covering her face, only the tips of blonde hair sticking out. Chans mouth formed an 'O' shape, he was confused.
Why would someone drive a motorcycle on this route? Wasn't this dangerous?

He drove closer, until he was at the same level. Now the motorcyclist saw him, waving shortly. It didn't seem like he needed help. Chan waved in response, his foot accidentally slipping of the gas pedal. The car jolted. The cyclist shook his head, his back trembling like he was chuckling.
How embarrassing.
Chans face got red, he slowed the car down and started driving behind the unknown cyclist.
For a second Chan rubbed his eyes, still embarrassed.
And this second was enough for him to take the eyes off the road.
This was a giant mistake.
The car jerked forward again, coming dangerously close to the cyclist.
And then Chan felt an impact, like he hit something.
Immediately he opened his eyes again, stepping on the brakes.
But it was too late.

The bike was lying on the road, in front of the car. It's taillights were blinking.
And the worst thing?
The bikers body some metres away from it, motionless.