sixteen.

notes: i'm determined to keep this story going, but i don't have much time on my hands right now... ugh. also, i know this said x reader, but i feel like i've barely even scratched the surface when it comes to the actual romance. for those expecting to get fluffy interactions from the get-go, i apologize in advance, but i really want to establish [name]'s character first, as well as provide some insight to their relationships with the people and world around them. i swear, the lovey-dovey stuff will come soon.

Ieiri dislikes death.

Not the concept itself, really. Rather, it's the things surrounding it.

Emotional distress, namely, is the most troublesome consequence. Perhaps that's why she chooses not to feel as strongly. 

They're a danger to her and the people she treats. She mustn't let emotions get the best of her work and herself.

She didn't react much when she got news of Haibara's demise. She didn't scream or cry when Geto defected. 

She hadn't properly mourned any of the tragedies that befell her comrades throughout the years, and she doesn't plan to start now.

Because if she does, a part of her is afraid that she won't stop.

"Do the first years know?"

The question came from Gojo, who went back to the school after getting a call about something urgent.

When the news reaches him, he almost couldn't believe his ears.

There's a reason why he fought for you to be labeled as a Special Grade, and it's not because of you having extraordinary strength, though he has no doubt that you would reach that level someday.

A common misconception (and yet another thing he dislikes about the current state of sorcery) is how the power scaling is exclusively measured by how destructive your technique is, and how much cursed energy you possess.

The word 'special' isn't synonymous with being strong. It shouldn't be. Rather, it implies that something or someone is unique, a term that Gojo heavily attributes to you.

Having reverse cursed energy as their default is something no one has heard of before until now, making you one of a kind.

Your regenerative abilities surpass a lot of high grade curses, and combine it with your technique, you can essentially last a long time in battle.

While the others can produce power enough to end the world, you may be one of the few people capable of withstanding it.

Shoko takes a long drag from her cigarette and exhales, eyes glued to the greenery outside.

"Not yet."

They'll find out soon enough, she reckons, but until then, she'll allow them the luxury of ignorance.

She turns to him. "Found the killer yet?"

The frown on Gojo's face deepens a tiny bit. "No."

Silence.

"Mind if I see the body?"

Shoko gestures with her free hand. "Knock yourself out," A puff of smoke escapes her lips. "I'll join you later."

She doesn't usually take breaks on the job, but today is an exception.

It's like her mind refuses to be near you for too long, the sight of your dead body providing an uncomfortable itch she can't scratch.

Gojo gives her one last glance before stepping into the morgue.

You're laid at the far end of the room, parallel to the door, covered by a white sheet that obscures everything but your head.