four.

note: let it be known that the author is terrible at depicting action scenes, so please forgive her for poorly describing or skipping them altogether.

You didn't think early mornings could get any worse.

"Rise and shine!"

The universe loves proving you wrong.

"Yoo-hoo!"

 More specifically, in the form of Gojo Satoru.

It felt like waking to a nightmare, if you're being honest.

No, perhaps a nightmare would've been better, because at least he wouldn't be real.

"I'm here, 'm here. Now would you shut up for five seconds?!"

Said man doesn't say anything else. His lanky form is leaned by your doorframe, lips stretched to a smile.

One you want to punch off his face.

"Good morning."

You really want to punch it off his face.

Pushing past him, you murmur, "What're we doing today?"

"Just a lil' mission."

"Ah."

Wait what.

You splutter. "A mission–" Did this man forget his brain back at home today? "–I don't even have a grade assigned to me yet!"

"Oh. That's what you're worried about?" he inquires. He doesn't wait for your answer, instead pulling something out of his pocket and tossing it to you. "Here."

You snatch it out of the air out of pure spite, holding it close for inspection.

A student ID. Classification:

You do a double take.

Special grade?!

"I–"

"Settled? Good! Let's get going now."

"Son of a– damn it." You take a deep breath, trying to calm yourself. Shoko had advised you to not question his actions. She also told you not to worry about his plans until it actually comes, lest you end up going insane from thinking of the possibilities, because, quite frankly, they're endless.

Gojo Satoru is just that nonstandard.

"Not to worry–it's nothing difficult. No fighting experience needed, in fact."

His tone is convincing, but you know better than to believe in words.

"What am I going to be doing when we get there, exactly?"

"Simple. A kid's babysitter went missing in an abandoned building. We just need you to survey the site to confirm the missing person's condition. If they're alive and you think you can heal them, go with that. If they're not, report back to me and I'll handle the rest."

He makes it sound easy, but you're certain there's some sort of catch. This sort of mission doesn't sound like something of his caliber; it doesn't sit right with you that they'd send the strongest for some recon mission.

Alas, you're the student in this situation, so there's not much you can do but take his words for it. You doubt he'd change his mind even if you begged him not to go.

Not that you would, for the sake of your own pride.