Assassination

Armistead Dormitory

January 17

0130 hours

  "Rise and shine, kid."

  When you heard the click of a gun, and the barrel of said gun press against your nose, you had to suppress every urge you had to open your eyes. Despite knowing that this would happen, it would appear that actually experiencing it was something else. This and the fact that you were blissfully sleeping moments ago.

  You were sure that your breath had skipped, which would easily alert Sal Minella that you were awake. So you did your best to maintain normal breathing while you regained your ability to think straight. 

  You were going to stall as long as possible so that two things would happen: Sal would grow aggravated, using force to wake you up, as well as making it harder for him to make rational decisions. And you also wanted to catch as much of this attempt with your audio recorder app as possible.

  Last night you had waited until your phone was fully charged before going to bed. You had turned on audio recording, stuffed it under your mattress, and went to sleep. Despite how overused this tactic was, you had to admit it was very useful.

  "Ain't this kid a heavy sleeper..." You could feel his breath on your face. "Wake up, pal."

  You stayed stubbornly silent.

  "Motherfucker-" Just like in Project X, he was quick to anger. "I don't have all day. Wake up!" He hit your cheek with the butt of his gun, leaving a slight bruise. You shot your eyes open, pretending to be unaware of what was happening.

  You backed up slightly, making sure to take into account every little detail in your room. His pistol had a silencer attached to it, so that nobody would barge in wondering what the ruckus was. When you looked over to your desk, you noticed it's drawer was left open.

  It was smart of you to burn your brainstorm sheet, under the guise that he'd go snooping around. You had made sure to memorize what your goals were, and the general outline you wanted this encounter to follow. Once you had done so, you destroyed every trace of you doing so. 

  It was too dark for you to tell what he looked like, but you had a feeling he looked lean and mean.

  "Ay. Eyes on me, alright?" You did just that. However, you reached over to your nightstand, pretending to reach for something. He shot just inches away from your hand, prompting you to draw back. "And don't go pulling anything funny. I'm running the show here." He was, in fact, not running the show in the slightest. Of course, you weren't either. Yet.

  "I don't suppose you're here to kill me?"

  "Whether or not I do is up to you. Let's see how well you play ball." 

  "You don't mind if I stand up, do you? I think more clearly when I'm up straight." This was a lie, but you wanted to see how he'd respond. You assumed that he was the kind of person who'd be a nicer person when treated with respect, yet quick to anger when he wasn't. He probably grew up in an environment that had people like that, or he had a weak ego.

  "Go ahead." He motions with his gun, allowing you room to get up. Once you stood up, you noticed the stack of papers the school had given you. You had yet to fill them out, so after this you'd have to get on that. However, you'd have to stop thinking about that. You had set for yourself a few goals that you wanted to get accomplished here, because this was the first major change you wanted to make. 

  The first goal was to make sure there was genuine proof of this encounter. That meant blood, left behind bullets, the phone under your bed, anything. Although, showing an audio tape would be suspicious in this current scenario. Not at the moment, but once people find out Murray had told the assassin to come. If you had an audio tape, and it was already on before the assassin came in? Makes it seem like you were tipped off, huh.