x. the original hybrids

Chapter 10 | The Sun Also Rises

WALKING in the woods to where the sacrifice would be held Emaline couldn't help but feel like something big was going to happen. Like something not planned. And Emaline was also worried about Klaus' death. There was nothing she could do about it , Elijah wanted him dead. Emaline doesn't even know where her feelings truly lie. Everything about tonight felt like a disaster.

As Emaline and Klaus walked closer and closer to the sacrifice, Emaline's stomach filled with worry, sadness, anger, love, and enchantment. Emaline was confused as fuck. She's never felt enchantment in her life — and hates the feeling.

Klaus looked over and noticed Emaline's face. "What's with the face, my love?"

Emaline quickly got back to reality— leaving all of the feelings elsewhere. "What face?" She nodded. "I'm grand, Nik."

Just before Klaus could protest that something was indeed not right with Emaline but someone else's voice had spoke. "Greta, witches are supposed to maintain the balance in nature." Elena told Greta. "It's your duty to them to keep this curse sealed."

Greta scoffed. "My duty is to Klaus! The new order."

Emaline and Klaus walked over to where Greta was and Emaline could tell that something was not right. She just didn't know what. "Glad to know I still have a dance partner." Klaus said, and Emaline rolled her eyes.

The Druitt woman looked forward and there were three circles. One containing Jules the werewolf. Another containing Jenna the vampire. And the last one containing Elena the doppelgänger.

Emaline kept her gaze on Jenna, feeling bad for her. It wasn't really in her nature to feel bad for other people besides herself and the people she cares for, but seeing Jenna looking so scared — it reminded Emaline of herself the day she turned into the monster she is today.

"Hello, my lovelies.." Klaus smiled at the three woman in front of him — making Emaline roll her eyes once again. "Are we ready?"

Jules screams of pain could be heard miles and miles away. Elena flinched every time the werewolf screamed.

Klaus pulled out a white rock from his pocket. "I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it." He then handed the moonstone to Greta.

Greta took the moonstone and looked up into the dark sky. "The moon has passed its apex." She then looked at Klaus. "Remember everything you need to do?"

Klaus smirked. "I remember."

Greta then put the moonstone in the bowl and fire sparked. Greta then began to chant.