vii. lovers reunion

Chapter 7 | The Last Dance

LEANING against a tree Emaline was playing with the silver rose necklace that was wrapped around her neck. Smiling at the adored memories that came into her vision.

1001

A brunette teenage girl was running through the fields with a bright smile on her face. "I'm going to catch you, my love!" A boy who was chasing after her yelled.

"You've already caught me, Nik!" The girl stopped and turned around to face the love of her life. "You've caught me in all of your love."

The boy stopped running and walked over to the girl. "I love you, Em." He cupped her cherry cheeks.

Emaline smiled and leaned into Niklaus' touch. "I love you so much more, my love." She then leaned up onto her toes and kissed his lips. She then quickly broke the kiss smiling mischievously.

"What are you doing to do?" Niklaus questioned, the beautiful woman before him.

Emaline didn't answer him before she turned him around jumping onto his back. Laughing when he stumbled back a bit. "Nik, I'm so tall!" She said in between laughs.

"What do you think you're doing, Mrs. Mikaelson?" Niklaus smiled.

Emaline furrowed her brows. "Wait. What did you just call me, Nik?"

"Mrs, Mikaelson."

Emaline laughed. "You can't call me that! We're not even married."

"Well then marry me, my love." Nik said as he put Emaline back onto the ground. He turned to face her grabbing her hands. "Marry me." He repeated.

Emaline's heart thundered in her chest. Was he really asking me to marry him? She thought. "Are you being serious?"

Niklaus quickly nodded. "Of course I am."

Emaline had tears welding up inside her eyes. "Oh, Nik." She sobbed. "Yes."

Niklaus smiled. "Yes?"

Emaline wrapped her arms around his neck burring her face in the crook of his neck. "Yes. Yes I wanna marry you."

Niklaus then reached into his pocket pulling out a silver rose necklace. "I know it's not a ring but, you don't wear rings so I thought I would get you a necklace." He shrugged.