v. bloodied hands

Chapter 5 | Crying Wolf

"SO John Gilbert gave me this to kill Elijah and Emaline." Damon told Alaric showing him a dagger. "Said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals. If there's any truth in that.." Yesterday John had came into town wanting to help is daughter, Elena, from the sacrifice. So he had gave Damon a dagger that's supposed to be able to kill an Original.

Alaric took the dagger. "So you think it's a setup?"

"It could be. Guy's a weasel. Wouldn't put anything past him." Damon poured himself a glass of bourbon. "So what are you up to today, Mr. Saltzman?"

"Well, Jenna and I were supposed to go to her family's lake house, but somehow, we both got roped into doing this historical society thing at the Lockwoods." Alaric said.

Damon nodded. "Where Elijah and Emaline are the guest of honor?"

Alaric looked at his best friend and sighed. "Tell me you're not gonna kill them at the tea party?"

Damon looked at Alaric in disbelief. "No. That would be stupid." He scoffed. "I wanna know there end game before I kill them. But I do think it's time I officially meet Elijah and Emaline."

***

"Have you spent much time in Richmond for your book?" Carol Lockwood asked Elijah and Emaline. "There's such a wealth of history there."

Elijah shook his head. "No, we're focusing mostly on, uh, smaller regions of Virginia."

"Lots of research. Strictly academic." Emaline added. Taking a sip of her tea.

Carol smiled. "That's fascinating." Carol Lockwood was hosting the historical society little tea party.

Damon had walked into the Lockwood living when Jenna came up to him. "Damon, what are you doing here?"

"Hi. You came." Damon's new girlfriend Andy Starr came up to him and he gave her a kiss on the lips.

Damon smiled at Aunt Jenna. "Thanks for introducing us, Jenna." He said before walking off towards Carol Lockwood.

"Damon." She acknowledged.

Damon smiled. "Carol."

"What a surprise." Mrs. Lockwood smiled. She then turned to Elijah and Emaline. "Emaline, Elijah, I want you both to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of Mystic Falls' founding families."