think later - matthew knies *

WC: 2900
Song associated with story: "think later" by Tate McRae
*Sexual content*

I screamed on the top of my lungs as the final horn sounded at 3M Arena at Mariucci. My friend Sydney was with me as she was one of my best friends and she was also dating the captain for the Minnesota Golden Gophers.

The Gophers won a very crucial game against the Wisconsin Badgers, one of the best teams in not only the Big Ten conference, but nationwide. They were ranked fifth in the NCAA men's hockey rankings, while Minnesota was ranked eighth. The Gophers were able to pull out a 5-2 win, and now they were off to play St. Thomas next week.

After the game, Matthew and I made plans to study together at his apartment. He's behind on his marketing class, but otherwise he's okay with his other classes. I had to finish writing a paper for my economics class and I was going to have him check it over for any errors.

"What a game," I said as I met Matthew next to his car after the game.

He chuckled as he unlocked his slick, black car. It was a Toyota, but damn, did he keep it nice and clean. "Hah, I know," he responded as he got on his side of the car and opened the driver's door.

I opened the passenger door and we both got into the car. We slammed our doors at the same time, then he stuck the keys into the ignition and fired the engine up.

He looked at me. "So, what's the plan? I'm taking you over to my place and we're working on homework together?" he asked, though I'm not sure why he needed clarification, considering we've been talking about this for the last week.

I chuckled. "You forget things so easily," I mentioned.

He rolled his eyes as he backed out of his parking spot in the parking lot. "Yeah, well, I play hockey. Psychology says if I play hockey, then my brain won't function properly," he said with a smile on his face as he leaned over to look farther behind him so he wouldn't hit anything.

I giggled again. "Isn't your ex a psych major?" I asked him as he shifted into drive and began to drive out of the lot.

He groaned as he rested his arm on the center console separating the two of us. "She is, but I think she needs to go to a psych ward instead," he responded, then turned right at the stop sign to head down the road leading to the team apartments.

"Well, that's not very nice to say," I told him, then I smiled. "Maybe she can figure out what's making her so obsessed with you even five months after you broke up with her."

He chuckled. "Damn right."

To be honest, the distance between the arena and Matthew's apartment was entirely walkable, but it was peak winter season here in Minnesota, and it was single digits outside. I'd rather not freeze to death and get hypothermia.

He pulled into the parking lot to his apartment complex and parked the car. We made eye contact, then he turned the car off.

"I hope you know that I'm not taking you home tonight," he told me as we made eye contact again. His brown eyes glowed against the light emanating from the nearby lamppost, which made me blush to say the least. I could stare into those deep brown eyes all damn day and all damn night.

Of course I knew Matthew wasn't going to take me home. That's how it's always been with these late night study sessions. We'd end up sleeping together, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't like it. He's always so welcoming and warm in the morning, not to mention it's absolutely hot as fuck to see his morning hair and face.

I chuckled. "Oh really? Aw, that's a shame," I responded with a smile on my face.

He laughed in response. "Exactly," he said before he took the keys out of the ignition and got out of his car.