Part 32

Author : Me 

Note : 

Word count : 1528

Date posted : 4.20.24

--

"No way!" Iris squealed and looked closer at the ring "Oh I'm so jealous of you guys!!" 

Barry laughed hearing that from her. 

"I'm so excited, like it's crazy!" My tone matched Iris's. It was nice having a close girl friend, that didn't live in coast city. Which reminded me about Oliver, the whole team really. 

She slapped Barry's arm. "Don't do anything stupid because she is an amazing person and if you ruin it with her, you ruin it with me." she was stern but sarcastic. 

I laughed hearing that. Barry's gaze looked at mine and he smiled "I won't, I promise." 

"Wait am I the first person who knows?" She held her papers closely to her chest. 

I shook my head "We actually told Joe first" 

She gasped acting offended but looked at Barry and dropped it smiling "I'm glad you told him first" 

"West, I still need that article on the meta villains in this city. This isn't bring your friends to work day." Her boss stood in front of her angry. 

Barry cut in before Iris could talk "We were actually just leaving." 

Iris looked at him and nodded "Yeah I'm so sorry I just-" 

"Just get it done I don't want to here excuses." With that he walked away holding a blue folder and coffee in his hands.

Iris just sighed and sat down. "Hey we will get out of your hair, just wanted to let you know in person" I told her and backed up toward the door. 

She nodded and smiled at me "I'm sure you guys have a busy day too, just text me if you need anything."

Barry followed behind me as I nodded to her. When we were out of the building I spoke up "Yeah, let's not text her. She is just as busy" 

I heard him chuckle behind me "Yeah, so where to next?" 

"S.T.A.R labs I guess" I shrugged "I'll text Oliver and Dig to get the team together, I want to tell them too" 

He nodded and we ran to S.T.A.R labs. 

"How are we gonna tell them?" He walked beside me panicking through the hallway. "Thea, what if they think it will ruin the team?" He paused and I just listened "Come on we gotta think of something-" 

I stopped and he looked at me confused "Barry" I told him halfway annoyed "We are just telling them, that we are engaged." 

"Yeah and we don't even have a game plan-" 

I reached out to him, my hands on the sides of his face. "You need to calm down, it isn't a big deal" Our faces were inches apart. 

His eyes looked to my lips but shot back to my eyes. He leaned in and pushed his lips against mine. I felt his hands around my back almost hugging me. When he pulled away he spoke again "I'm calm." He reassured me and stood beside me. 

I smiled at him and started walking to the cortex. Thankfully most of every one was in there. Cisco and Caitlin were talking in one of the lab while in the other stood H.R wells, you know the replacement wells. Who didn't really do much. For now this was pretty much our team.  

I stood at the desk with Barry beside me, holding my hand. Caitlin walked out to us "Hey guys, why are you guys so late?" 

I smiled and looked at Barry again "i- um.." I lifted up my hand showing Caitlin.